Chapter 14: Let me go, Jackson (Nico's POV)

*Death noot* (xD Idk I've been saying that kind of all day)

-------------------------------

What is it about death

that makes it so...

Unnerving.

Is it the fact that you always are

Let go?

Or the fact that you always have to

Leave someone behind.

****

Chapter 14: Let me go, Jackson

Being the son of Hades, I should be used to loss. I should be used to death. I should be used to the darkness.

However, I'm not exactly your average son of Hades, am I?
Italian, gay, in love.

In love...
What a concept.

Is it truly a good thing to be in love...? Ever? I was hoping it was, but in the end it is and probably will be my down fall. After all, I am deep inside of myself, feeling my body moving and kicking. I can hear myself screaming.

"You have to let me out!" I hear myself beg. "Please, I need to see him."
"I'm sorry, Son of Hades," Lady Hestia sighed. "Or should I say, Shadow."
"Please, Hestia, let me-"
"Nico always called me Lady Hestia," The goddess said softly. "You'll do well to respect me, Shadow. I am one who can control the light.

"Then let me out," The Shadow growled. "If you're so confident about controlling me."
"I'm not, I just know how to cause you pain for what you're doing to the Son of Hades. You'll do well to make sure that he's safe wherever you're keeping his consciousness," Lady Hestia growled. It made me feel... grateful that she was still looking out for me.

That she cared, in the Godly way that she can anyway.

"The boy's fine," The Shadow snapped. "He won't live with the way things are going in the throne room though, will he?"
"Not with the way Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades are talking it out. They think it's a lost cause anyway... they think you're just going to make the poor boy implode or force him to continue living this cursed life. Either way results in a type of death," Lady Hesia seems arrogant, she is entitled to speak down to me, and I don't mind if she speaks down to that terrible Shadow.

"Don't speak to me like that. I too am an immortal being!" The Shadow yelled.
"Yes, in a mortal body," Hestia retorted. 

Death... is cruel.
It allows you to think as you die slowly.

Am I dying...?

Did Percy... even come?

Will he miss me?

I can't stop thinking about him. He's the last thread of actual sanity I can cling to in this mess. I'm surrounded by all this.. black. Black, black, black. No nightlights, no sun to come in at any second now, no iPod (which I thoroughly missed... none of my followers on Tumblr better fucking unfollow me while I'm away...)

Black... 
What a color. 

The absence of light, isn't it?
It's... beautiful.

And terrible.

Don't forget terrifying.

Or horrifying.

"Nico," he breathes. My whole being stops I reach up, reach for what light I can find.