Chapter 28: I am not wearing a wedding dress (Nico's POV)

*WOOOOOOT I AM TRYING*

White light like at the end of a tunnel,

it feels

Like I might drown.

I am nervous,

I am happy.

This is... a good thing. I am happy to be spending this time with him.

I may not be the princess he was expecting, but

hopefully

maybe

I am...

the prince he wants.

****

I feel my jaw drop and look at Percy's excited face. Marry... him? Now? Here? What? Isn't there... supposed to be a ring? I can't feel my fingers, my arm is tingling with sleep, and I'm still groggy.

"Aren't... there rings for this kind of thing?" I blurt.
"Well, I mean, I can get you a ring," Percy says. "But, would you?"

"Would I what?"
"Like to marry me?" Percy asks with a sheepish grin. I look at him and blush deeply.

"This isn't... how I thought I'd be asked to get married," I confess.
"I'm sorry, it's not very glamorous, but at least we're not getting married purely out of necessity...we love each other," Percy explains.

"Yeah, but... aren't we supposed to be... a little older before thinking about marriage? Technically in this body I've only known you for... a little under a week," I ask.

"Neeks," Percy turns to me and cups my cheek with his hand. "How about this, we get married and we try it, it's just like being in a relationship as boyfriend and boyfriend, just... we wear jewelry and no one can 'tap that' anymore." I giggle a little and Percy kisses my forehead.

"Alright," I say softly. "I'll marry you. But I want to eat something good tonight."
"How about... New York pizza?"
"Okay."
"You like pizza right? Italian roots and all," Percy teased.

"Italians didn't make pizza, it was originally developed everywhere and is actually thought to be based off a food made in the Middle East-" I began. Percy laughed and touched his forehead to mine with a large smile.
"I'm so happy Neeks," Percy says happily and kisses me. He pulls away and then gets out of bed.

"I'm going to tell my Mom and ask her for pizza," Percy tells me. I nod and lay back in the bed and close my eyes and inhale deeply. I smile widely for the first time in a long while and hug the pillow tightly. Nico Jackson... doesn't really have much of a ring to it, but it does feel nice.

********

Ms. Jackson, or uh... was her name Jackson-Blowfis? I don't know, but regardless, was very nice. She came to wake me up instead of Percy and said she was very happy to hear the good news and said that even though she didn't know me too well, she was sure we were going to be a good pair. I was happy to hear her say that, I wasn't having doubts, but I'm sure she was having hers with her son marrying someone she barely knew.

"So... do I need to give you boys 'the talk'?" She asks as she puts a plate of cookies in front of me at the small dining table. Percy was upstairs taking a shower and I was sure I smelled awful so I was grateful to Mrs. Jackson (Blowfis?) to putting up with me until I showered.

"I hope not," I say, blushing heavily. She smiles at me and gets me some milk. All the food here is blue, I note. Even these cookies are blue, but they smell good so I don't discriminate.