[02] Survival

Edited ✓

[Kokushibou Pov][3:02 A

[Kokushibou Pov]
[3:02 A.M.]

"Do you have any idea where we are now?" Tanjiro asked me. I shook my head.
I could tell that the boy was still suspicious of me, but he trusted me a little. I lifted my hand from his forehead and got up from the crouching position I was in. Tanjiro looked at me confused. I examined my surroundings, looking for something to carry Nezuko in. I noticed the wooden box that Tanjiro wears, knocked over and a few feet away from us.

I noticed from the corner of one of my eyes that Tanjiro was also looking at the box. I walked over to the box, picked up it by one of its straps, and walked back over to the boy and his sister. I placed the box in front of Tanjiro. He understood what I wanted him to do, but there was still a problem.

"She's unconscious and she's her normal size right now. How am I supposed to get her to fit in the box?" Tanjiro asked.

"Just carry her on top of the box," I responded. "We obviously can't leave her." Tanjiro nodded. He steadily got up; once Tanjiro got the hang of standing up, he picked up the box by its strap and slung it over his arm. I then helped Nezuko onto her brother's back. "Let's get going," he gave me a small smile. I nodded.

I started walking, looking around for the end of this alley. Tanjiro followed me, with Nezuko sitting on top of the box. Her head rested on her brother's shoulder.
We continued walking, soon finding a way to get to the main street. It was so strange. There were automobiles, but they looked more advanced than they were in the Taisho era. Tanjiro grabbed my sleeve, lightly tugging on it. I turned to face him. He pointed somewhere. Following where he was pointing, my eyes saw strange-looking people.

"They look like demons, but they smell like humans," Tanjiro informed me. He had a keen sense of smell. Better than my demon-enhanced smell. I nodded in agreement. I examined the people more closely. I notified the boy, "We look out of place. We need to blend in."
"Yeah, you're right," Tanjiro looked at those people's clothes, then at his own clothes. "But, where do we get new clothes?" I looked around. My six eyes scanned the area; before I pointed at a store. Tanjiro looked at where I was pointing towards. He saw clothes on display in the window. Tanjiro turned his head towards me.
"I don't have any money; I know Nezuko surely doesn't and I doubt you have any money either."
"You're right. I don't have any money," I smiled. "But, I have some skills when it comes to getting things without money."

Tanjiro had a concerned look on his face when I said that last bit.
"What do you mean?" He slowly asked.

"Theft."

Tanjiro shivered at the mere mention of the villainy. He exclaimed, "Theft is wrong! We can't do it!"

"It's for our survival," I retorted. "More for you and your sister than for me."
Tanjiro sighed and nodded. I made my way to the store. As I entered, I looked around for clothes that would fit Nezuko and Tanjiro. Some new clothes for myself would be nice as well. I noticed clothes that would fit the Tanjiro and Nezuko. I walked closer, picking the clothes up. I slung the clothes over my shoulder and went to look for clothes for myself.