[10] Combat Training [Pt 1]

Edited ✓

[Tanjiro Pov][8:23 A

[Tanjiro Pov]
[8:23 A.M.]
[Path To UA]

Michikatsu, Nezuko, and I walked to the gates of UA. Nezuko and I were making small while Michikatsu awkwardly walked alongside us.

"Hey, Michi!" Nezuko called to him.

"Michi?" Michikatsu and I said in sync

"Yah! That's what I'm gonna call you now," Nezuko grinned.

"Oh," was all Michikatsu could muster.

"So, your last name is Tsugikuni yeah?" I asked him, wanting to know a little bit more about him.

"Yeah," he answered.

"I think I heard it somewhere before," Nezuko said. "I remember father telling us a tale and there was the last name Tsugikuni in the tale."

"Oh, I remember that too!" I exclaimed. Michikatsu looked at me then Nezuko. "I remembered hearing the name, Yoriichi Tsugikuni."

"He was the first breath user," Michikatsu said.

"He knew breath of the sun?" Nezuko asked. "I thought only Kamados could use it?

"Because your ancestor was able to learn sun breathing from him," Michikatsu sighed.

"How do you know that?" I asked him

"One, I've been alive for over 400 years. Two, I lived in the Sengoku era which was when Yoriichi was alive. And three, Yoriichi is my younger twin brother," he explained.

"WHA?!" Nezuko and I shouted.

"He was your brother!" Nezuko exclaimed. "No wonder you know so much about him Michi!"

"Yeah," Michikatsu sighed. "Could we talk about something else?" He then asked.

"Sure," I smiled. "How much did you guys get in the written exam? I got  23%."

"I got 15%," Nezuko looks gloomy. "I forgot almost everything grandpa taught us about this world." Nezuko was dragging her feet now.

"It's alright Nezuko! We can review and learn more!" I smiled.

"Ok!" That seemed to hype her up. "Wait, how did you do so much better than me Tanjiro?" She asked.

"Grandpa taught it to us 7 times," I said.

"Oh," Nezuko said softly.

"She probably fell asleep," Michikatsu said.

"I did not!" Nezuko retorted. "I just seemed to forget." Nezuko began mumbling that last bit. Michikatsu rolled his eyes smiling. I smiled at the sight of them getting along.

"So how much did you get Michikatsu?" I asked him.

"25%," he mumbled.

"I thought you'd get more? You finished before me," I said.