[09] Quirk Assessment

Edited ✓

[Nezuko Pov][8:12 A

[Nezuko Pov]
[8:12 A.M.]

Everyone stood outside as Mr. Aizawa announced that we were going to have a quirk assessment test. I guess my demon art could be considered by quirk.

"What? A quirk assessment test?" Everyone said in sync.

"But orientation!" The girl with the brown hair shouted. "We're gonna miss it!"

"If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies," Mr. Aizawa retorted. "Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions. That means I get to run my class however I see fit."

Silence followed his words so he continued, "You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives, but you never got to use quirks in physical exams before." He held up what grandpa told us was a smartphone. It showed 8 tests on the screen.

"The country is still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day the Ministry of Education will learn." Mr. Aizawa's speech seemed to be over.

"Bakugo," I could see he was looking at the boy with spiky blonde hair. "You managed to get the most points in the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance throw with a softball when you were in junior high?"

"67 meters I think," Bakugo answered.

"Right, try doing it with your quirk," he handed Bakugo a softball. We stood there as Bakugo entered a circle with the softball in his hand.
"Anything goes, just stay in the circle," Mr. Aizawa told him. "Go on, you're wasting our time."

"Alright man, you asked for it," Bakugo stretched his arm before he threw the ball with his quirk.

"DIE!" He shouted as the ball went flying.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities," Mr. Aizawa told us. He showed the smartphone again. It said 705.2 m. "It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." I could that multiple people were amazed by the distance, but I've seen Inosuke throw things farther.

"Woah 705 meters are you kidding me?" The boy with the blonde hair and black streak said.

"I wanna go! That looks like fun!" The pink-haired girl smiled.

"This is what I'm talking about! Using our quirks as much as we want!" The boy with creepy elbows cheered.

"So this looks fun huh?" Mr. Aizawa said grimly. "You have 3 years here to become a hero. You think it's all gonna be games and playtime?" Everyone was silent.

"Idiots," he said eerily. "Today you'll compete in 8 physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."

Everyone looked terrified. Even myself. Everyone worked so hard to get in and now he was going to expel whoever came in last?!

"As I said, I get to decide how this class runs, understand?" He smiled. "If that's a problem, you can head home right now."