Finn- Jealousy (Part 1)

Finn's P.O.V

Y/N got invited to a highschool reunion tonight and she was so excited about it. She tells me how much she badly missed her friends and emphasized how fun each one was- that she couldn't wait to introduce them to me and have a little jamming session in our garage for old time's sake. I couldn't help but catch that contagious giddy grin of hers and that radiant cheery aura. I adored how her eyes lit up everytime she talked about something she loved or greatly looked forward to.

I see that same light in her eyes whenever she looks at me and it's the warmest I would ever feel.

"Babe, help me pick out the right dress. You know how I suck at formal events."

I chuckled, remembering how she would always show up to band practice. There was that one time when everyone was informed but her, she showed up with us to a grand press con in the same indie band black shirt, ripped jeans, Converse sneaks and her signature plain, thin black tie on her wrists even when everyone else were spruced up in fancy tuxes and sultry, sophisticated dresses.

I thought she'd shy away in embarrassment, she surprisingly just rocked it, stunned the press, and rebelled against the norms with gutsy flare.

"Alright, I'm here for you."

"You're the best." She kissed my lips and another smile crept up my face. Blood rushed through, painting a decent blush up my cheeks. Man, I could do this all day.

"Ok, cool. Let's go."

She volunteered to drive our Mercedes, insisting that I needed to conserve my energy for tonight. Whatever was in it for me tonight felt quite exciting. I just wanted to support y/n all the way. Everyday with her was a surprise and I don't want to miss any.

She hugged my arm as we walked to the mall nearby. We headed to Gucci and looked for the long gown section. She tried on a few fun clothes- some sparkly, some airy, but none of them really felt like the one she would wear to the event. Y/n looked a little disappointed and asked where the bathroom is. Knowing her, it was probably to shake off her frustration and avoid offending the salespeople in the shop. After all, she was well aware that she wore her heart on her sleeves.

I talked to the head of the long gowns department and offered to pay extra if they could show us their unreleased new collections. They agreed. When y/n came back, she was ushered by the head towards the back room where all their new stock were.

Her eyes glistened with awe, consuming the sight of classy gowns, with hope that just maybe, one of them is the one for her. My eyes were drawn to a long sultry burgundy night gown. I was headed to it but she got a hold of the gown first. Y/n and I laughed at how our minds seemingly synchronized through telepathy. She undoubtedly was my other half.

"Finn, how is it?" I was stupefied

"Babe, you look stunning" was all my mouth could say. The gown looked so sexy and sultry. Sophisticated. Elegant. I looked as if it was specially tailored for her. The seams flaunted her curves and contrasted her dewy skin. If falling further in love was possible, I could say that at that moment, I did.

We got her matching shoes and a purse. She brought with her the jewelry set her mom and dad gave her on her birthday and said that they were perfect- that we didn't need to buy new ones to match her clothes. Y/n chose my tux since she insisted that I have already helped out a lot. I felt butterflies in my stomach when she came close and fixed my collar. She was so thoughtful and caring. I could tell that she would be a great wife to me and a wonderful wife to our future children. My future was already looking great.

Last stop, the salon. We both had our hair and nails done. She had her makeup done as well. She looked so gorgeous, I'd be elated to let the world know that I am with this amazing woman.

Just as we arrived to her old high school, we were welcomed by a roaring crowd. Partly because many recognized me as Mike from Stranger Things and mostly because they never expected y/n to glow up like this.Her friends came up to her and jumped on her like crazy. She even gave one a piggy back in a gown and stiletto. Talk about wild.

I stuck around, getting to know the whole program flow. They would be having a few games, an introduce yourself session but this time, they'll talk about who they were and who they are now if they get unlucky enough to be picked from a roulette.

They would be having dinner, throwback pictures, and lastly, a reenactment of their last prom before graduation. While y/n was out to fix her bra in the bathroom, one of her drunk friends came up to me and asked me if I was comfortable with my girlfriend dancing with her ex since he was her last prom date.

I faked a 'yeah' and clenched my fists. Y/n told me all about her ex. He left her dancing by herself and ghosted her on the night of their last prom. She never heard from him ever again. Of course I'm not okay with that. I won't ever be okay with that.

As soon as y/n returned to her seat beside me, I motioned her to come closer so I could whisper to her what I wanted to say.

"Babe, you're ex is here. You want me to give him a beating?"

"No, Finn. Don't make a scene. I don't want anyone to get hurt. I can handle this. Plus, It's just a dance. It's a long overdue debt that he owes me."

"Babe, I know. I won't stop you from getting closure. I trust you. I just don't trust him."

"Babe, I love you. You know that nothing changes after this. I'm always yours." She held my hand in reassurance, kissed my neck, and laid her head on my shoulder. I felt a little relieved for a minute.

And then he showed up.