Miles - You don't scare me

Miles

I got expelled again. But no one's going to tell me what to do and what not to do anymore.

Kate is gone. Mrs. Grose is gone. Quint is gone. Ms. Jessel is gone. Not even their ghosts are here. They stopped haunting me a long time ago.

Flora was taken to foster care but they couldn't take me because I refused. I was old enough to take care of myself. I can already tell how I'm going to rot away alone in this manor.

I broke a boy's skull today and no one even dared to ask me why. They straight up sent me home.

He irked me- telling me that I grew soft and that I was now practically weak. It didn't faze me until he attempted to push y/n down the rooftop of the university so I did it to him before he could. It felt as though Quint took over me, yet again. I broke the boy's skull and it didn't sit right with me.

Y/n- She was Kate's daughter. But Ms. Grose had all of them leave when I've grown a liking to her. According to the old hag, I was supposed to date a thoroughbred like me. That hurt y/n so much.

Though she didn't say it, I could tell she wanted me too. But if it meant that liking y/n could cause her a great deal of trouble, maybe Ms. Grose was right. It's best that I stay away.

I left all the doors and windows open outside except for the ones in my room. I was cold. Tired. Exhausted. Terribly sick. I needed someone to come over. Anyone.

My half-assed bed didn't help. It was barely a bed. I tucked myself in two thick comforters to keep the cold out. Rough coughs violently scratched up and out of my throat. Then I heard the locking of the doors, window latches were clicking shut, one by one.

Flora wasn't coming home tonight, so whoever was down there- I'm sure enough that it wouldn't be someone who wouldn't harm me.

"Miss me, Fairchild?"

Your POV

"Miss me, Fairchild?" I smirked, standing tall and eyeing over a rarely enfeebled Miles Fairchild.

I knew he would be home alone so I snuck my way in, in the same way that I did when he told me to come by his window and bring some booze that time my mom, Kate, didn't allow.

He shot himself up, attempting to intimidate me, towering over my 5'2 short frame.

"You shouldn't be in here." I shuddered at the tone of his voice. It was cold, yet oddly comforting.

"And you shouldn't be home alone, Fairchild."

"Get out, y/n. Aren't you scared of me?"

"Believe me, Fairchild. 'Scared' is far from close. In fact, I'm turned on."

"Oh please," He snickered sarcastically. "You don't want me. I'm not good for you-"

"Shut up, Fairchild. Or I'll kiss you."

"Kiss me? You can't even reach me-"

"But I can pin you down." I cut him off, looked at him boldly in the eyes with my lips curving up to form a sinister smile.

"Cut the tough act, Fairchild. I know you're sick."

Once again, I managed to silence Miles Fairchild and it's the most satisfying thing.

"Good. Now sit down and let me take care of you." Miles looked defeated, yet pleased. He sighed, sat back down on his mattress in surrender, and threw the thick covers over his shoulders to cocoon him.

"Y/n, you're alright, aren't you?"

"Relax, Miles. I am. I could've died if you didn't come."

"Good."

"Have you had dinner?"

"Not yet. You?"

"Great timing." I pulled out a pot with warm hearty instant ramen that Miles liked so much. So much for being a thoroughbred. He never tasted instant food until I came.

"Please. Help yourself." I placed a bowl of ramen on a bed table and handed him some utensils.

I hugged my knees as I sat on the floor, admiring Miles- silently wishing that he'd get better and that he wouldn't be so alone.

"What? Want some?" He held his bowl out, offering for me to share with him. I refused. I already ate.

"I'm good, Fairchild. You can have it all."

As soon as he was finished, I took the bowl and utensils away. It used to be so odd hearing Miles insisting to wash his own dishes. He used to be such a douche. I like him better now.

"Miles, drink up." I handed him his meds and gave him a glass of water.

As soon as he finished, I scampered around and started cleaning things up.

"Y/n, are you going?"

"Not if you want me to stay."

"No, it's alright. You've done enough. You shouldn't be in here anyway. You shouldn't be seen with me. I'm trouble-" He stood up and shoved me outside of the door.

"Stop..."

"Be safe when you get home-"

"MILES!!! WILL YOU PLEASE STOP PUSHING ME AWAY?!?"

"Y/N, I KILLED A PERSON!!!" He looked at me with eyes shot wide open, tears threatening to spill. His hands were terribly shaking.

"IF YOU DIDN'T, IT WOULD'VE BEEN ME!!!"

"Miles please..." I held his hands but he shook them away.

"Y/n, I'm a monster."

"No, Miles. Listen to me! Look at me!" I cupped his face, intently looking at his eyes.

"You saved me. You're okay. You're not a monster."

"Y/n, aren't you scared of me?" Miles looked back at me, intensely and with much sincerity. He gripped the wrists of my hands that were cupped on his face.

"I'm staying." I firmly said smiling.

I watched him tense up so I kissed him passionately. I broke away, whispering in his ear- "I told you, Fairchild. 'Scared' is far from close."