Miles- I already know

"Shh

"Shh."

Miles sushed me as he pressed his right index finger on my lips.

"Focus." He remarked, tapping a pen on the math sheets I was working on and placing his left palms under his chin while he quietly observed.

It's 3 p.m and we are currently in Greece for a competition he signed up for to get a scholarship. I wasn't a participant, but he insisted that I should come to keep him sane.

Also, he says he'd tutor me in turn so that I could convince my parents that hanging out with him isn't that bad at all– that he wasn't a bad influence to me.

It wasn't clear to me what Miles and I had. We grew pretty close in the span of three years. I was his only friend in the classroom. Perhaps, because I was the only one who could tolerate his bitchy side. Maybe there's a lot about him that I still don't know.

But if a good friend offers you a free trip to Greece, all expenses paid, who wouldn't go?

"If you do great in this, you're in for a surprise." Miles says, looking closer at the papers I was working on.

"Really?" I perked up. A cheery, sweet grin formed on my face.

"I said no talking. You'll regret it." He threatened, shooting daggers with his eyes, subtly smirking, and chuckling to himself.

'Oh, you're really enjoying this, Fairchild. You like pushing me around so much, huh?' you thought in your head, biting the tip of the pencil you were holding.

The last question was difficult and you had only five minutes left to answer. You started fidgeting with the sound of the clock ringing in your ear. You squinted your eyes and your eyebrows furrowed in frustration, sweat was trickling down your temples.

You didn't want to disappoint the Miles Fairchild. You were secretly a little scared.

"Oh, puppy. You look out like you're of answers. Are you having a hard time?"

"Miles. We talked about this. I'm not your puppy–" He stood up from sitting on the couch accross you, then walked towards you, positioning himself behind your stool which had no back support. You felt really tense.

What if he wasn't satisfied with your answers? What if most of them weren't correct? What would he do?

You eyed Miles through your peripheral vision and felt him crouching down a little behind you, looking over your shoulders and carefully reading your answers.

"Let's take a break. Or should I squeeze the answers out of you?"

"MILES! STOP–"

You both toppled on the carpeted floor, giggling after Miles hugged you from behind then yanked you backwards to fall with him on the pillows scattered nearby.