Finn-Rest

Your phone rang a couple of times. It was your boss. Messages from your mom were blowing it up as well. Nothing came out of them but nags and things that would not be of any good to your mental health, so you kept it on silent mode.

You wanted to isolate yourself from the whole world and be a total recluse for a single day. Apparently, the world just couldn't wait to rub it in your face that a series of happy dates with your boyfriend, Finn, certainly did cost you a whole lot of piled work and toxic deadlines.

You have been irritable all day. What sucks was you're period was also nearing, you're burning up with fever, you haven't showered for days, and you completely smell like shit.

You could feel your head throb, your stomach acids rising up and burning your chest. You feel your heart palpitate and your back starting to ache. Everything started to feel so heavy and overwhelming, and you desperately just wanted to breathe from all of this stress.

Your doorbell rang so you stomped your way to it, trying to remember if you ordered pizza or was scheduled to receive a delivery parcel for some random shit you bought online.

But no. What came out of that door was the last person you wanted to see right now.

"Finn! What the hell?!? Not now! I told you this isn't the right time."

"So when is the right time?"

"Ugh. For fuck's sake. Are you really serious right now? Get out, Finn. Now."

"N- No. No no no no no. I came all the way here just to see you. I'm not going. I won't bother you. I promise."

"Well you've done enough! You have bothered me enough! Can you please just go?!?" You raised your voice, which caught Finn by surprise.

He fell terribly silent. You felt awful.

"Finn- Please. Just leave." You didn't expect what he'd say and do next. Before you could close the door, he grabbed onto your sweater's sleeve and took a step closer.

"Baby, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong? I understand if you're busy. We can talk about it some other time but please don't drop me that easy. I promise I'll do what I can to fix it."

You felt an uncomfortable warm lump up in your throat. That feeling rose up and took all over your body. Your lips started quivering and your eyes started to spill out. You didn't know what to say. You couldn't move. You just wanted someone to take all of the stress away.

It was almost Finn knew even without you saying, just exactly what you needed. He came up to you and pulled you into a tight, warm hug, caressing your back and calming you down. You  broke down and collapsed into that soothing, safe comfort in his embrace.

"Baby, I'm so tired. I don't know what to do anymore." You weakly muttered under your breath.

"I know. I'm here. You can rest on me. I'll handle this so you can hang in there. Okay?"

"Okay."

He closed the door behind you, cooked you up some porridge that was quite bland but tolerable which you both just laughed about, and cuddled with you on the couch as he stroked your hair while watching your favorite childhood movie until you fell asleep.

He placed some blankets over you,  placed a pillow under your head, took your temperature, then placed a folded wet towel over your forehead.

You heard a muffled sound of him talking to your coworkers and your boss, asking if they could give you sick leave and some extension for all the deadlines and if your coworkers could take some of your load so that it wasn't unfair that you would always do most of the work.

It unconsciously made you smile and had your heart fluttering so much. He rarely says he loves you but he never fails to show you. You realized how damn lucky you were to have Finn.

The next morning he woke you up and cooked you breakfast. He combed your hair because you were terrible at it. You couldn't even tie your hair right. You felt conscious and icky since you didn't smell pleasant at all. Finn noticed.

"I can warm the shower up. Uh- No. You can't get up. Stay here."

He put on a chill indie playlist on speaker then came back with towels, a small basin of warm water with a towel, and sat beside you on the couch.

"W-what are y-you planning?"

"Come on baby. Take off your clothes. I promise I won't judge. Just let me take care of you. No funny business. Promise." You trusted Finn and took your clothes off, leaving you with only your underwear.

He cleared his throat and started to clean your back and arms, then moved to your legs. Once he was done, he let you go to the bathroom and change because you got a little shy and insecure after.

As soon as you came back out, Finn was standing up and getting ready to head back to work.

But before he left, you gave him a back hug and a gentle, warm, passionate kiss on the side of his neck, then rested your chin of his shoulders.

"Baby, I don't know what I'd do without you. Thank you."

"Nope. I wouldn't know what to do. So hurry up and get well. Okay?"

"Okay, Finn. I love you too."