🌸] 'Looks good on you, Kaoru'

SW: This chapter takes place after episode 9‼️
-

Kaoru Sakurayashiki was scared of very few things. On that list happened to be Hospitals. There was no particular reason. There wasn't any traumatic event that happened in the hospital. It might be the fact he felt trapped.

White walls. White curtains. White sheets. White clothing. Everything was so bright yet dull. The only pop of color in the room was the vase full of pink and yellow flowers Reki, Langa, and Miya had got him.

What a mess he gotten himself into. Thinking he could win against Adam. He was ashamed.

It didn't take long for Kaoru to find his way out of the hospital early. He was relieved when he left the tall, white building. Fresh air never felt so nice.

-

Days had past and he was still out of commission. With his arm in its current condition work was hard and he certainly couldn't skate. All of that infuriated Kaoru but there was one thing that he did enjoy about all of this.

"Kojiro."

"Yeah, Yeah. Let me find one four-eyes. No need to get onto me." Kojiro, his best friend since Highschool, searched Kaorus drawer for a hair tie. For the past 2 days Kojiro had been taking care of him more than usual.

Cooking for him, helping him with his Yukata, even putting up his hair. It wasn't too bad. Kaoru enjoyed it but didn't dare to speak a word about it.

"Hold still will ya'?" The slightly taller, green haired man started to take a few strands in his fingers. Kaoru rolled his eyes and moved some hair from his shoulders. "Fine dimwit. Just hurry up. I don't have all day." He does.

He could stay there all day.

"Ponytail?"

"Hm..do whatever."

"Braid it is."

Kojiro enjoyed playing with his long pink hair. He was kinda jealous of how long and pretty it was. It was easy to put up and playing with it was surprisingly calming. He made sure to be gentle since Kaoru would yell at him if he accidentally tugged too hard.

"How did you learn how to do hair, Jiro? Have you practiced it on all of those women you've dated?"

"No. Actually. My mom taught me how to do it." Kojiro deadpanned, taking a few strands and crossed them over. He used to play with his mom's hair all the time. "Oh? That's interesting. How is your mother by the way?"

"She's doing fine, I haven't seen her for a while but she's called me a few times."

"Tell her I said Hi next time."

A small smile spread on Kojiros face. "Still trying to be her favorite?"

When they were younger Kojiros mom would always compliment Kaorus hair and piercings. She would always listen to her son when he talked about him and when they hung over at Kojiros she always made Kaorus favorite dessert. Which Kojiro makes for him every now and then.

"Tch- you know I'm still her favorite. She would trade you for me in a heart beat."

"Liar." Kojiro tied the end of the braid and took a look at his work. "Okay, I'm done."

"Thank you."

"Kaoru saying thank you? Without an insult?! Who are you and what did you do to the real Kaoru?" Kojiro smirked, raising an eyebrow at the other male.

"I'll kick your ass if I wasn't injured so watch your tongue." Kaoru moved his braid to his shoulder, glancing in the mirror. He felt pretty. Kojiro knew what he was doing.

"Braid looks good on you, Kaoru."

Oh, that list of things that scared Kaoru? There was one more thing on that list, losing his husband, Kojiro. He almost lost him once in highschool, he won't again.

"Shut it." His face started to grow a little warm at those words, along with the fact his waist was being held by his husbands huge arms.

They weren't huge, just to his fragile body compared to Kojiros, they were quite big. But he gave the best hugs..and cuddles occasionally.

"I will not. You're too beautiful, Sakura."

"I hate when you get like this." Kaoru was lying through his teeth. He loved when Kojiro decided to randomly start flirting and calling him pet names. He often did it as a way to make up after a fight. Kaoru told himself he would stop falling for it but it was useless.

"What was that, Kaoru?"

"Are you deaf, stupid gorilla? I said I hate when you get like this. It's embarrassing."

"You weren't saying that last night." Kojiro teased, watching as Kaorus eyes filled with annoyance and his face grew red.

"Kidding, Kidding. What do you want for dinner?"

-

As soon as I finished my Renga book I rushed to finish this chapter. I shouldn't have-

I've been having a huge Matchablossom brainrot and thanks to one of my besties I've been getting my daily dose of serotonin for it.

Anyways bye besties‼️💕😩 - Dubbed Kojiro simp