3

TW's:
-(Cyber) bullying
-Homophobia

George's POV

The next morning I went to school even though I really didn't want to. I was scared off everyone's replies and I just wished to stay home. I had gotten some more weird texts and although it didn't really hurt me, it was just really uncomfortable to have someone random call you ugly and gay the whole time. I already knew I was gay, it wasn't that they had to tell me again.

I arrived at school and I slowly walked inside, walking to the spot Darryl and I were always sitting at. They were already there and I sat next to them. 'Hi,' I said quietly.

'Hey, George! Sorry for not texting you yesterday, my dad wanted me to help in the garden.'

I smiled and nodded. 'It's fine.'

'How have you been since yesterday?'

I shrugged. 'I'm okay.'

'Do you want to talk about any of it? Not only the fact you outed yourself, but also the fact you're gay? You know I like boys and girls, I don't mind at all and you can tell me whatever you want about it.'

I smiled and nodded slowly. 'That means a lot to me. I just know I've liked boys for a year now, well and since I don't like girls, that makes me gay.'

Darryl smiled and nodded. 'I'm proud of you. You didn't have to hide it.'

'It wasn't really a problem, I didn't mind hiding it at all, I didn't have trouble with it.'

'But wasn't it lonely to hide it?'

I shrugged. 'I have never felt the need to talk about things happening in my life. I am gay and that's it. I just didn't want them to know.'

Darryl nodded. 'I understand, they suck.'

I nodded. 'It's fine, I don't really feel the need to talk about it, I'm just gay and that's it.'

Darryl smiled and they sat back. 'Have you done your homework?'

I shrugged. 'Not really, I have been staring at the ceiling. I know every single spot on it now.'

Darryl giggled. 'Sorry, I shouldn't be laughing.'

I rolled my eyes at them and I sighed after. 'I'll probably get detention.'

Darryl said something, but I didn't listen to them as I heard my phone make multiple sounds at once again.

Unknown
lol, bet u like this

I opened my phone a little confused and startled as I saw a really weird and inappropriate picture of me. I immediately turned my screen away and coughed awkwardly. Darryl didn't see anything and I deleted the picture. They had taken a picture of me when I was talking to Darryl with a weird text under it.

I stared at my hands after that and sighing softly. I stood up, smiling at Darryl shortly. I walked to the toilet and I locked myself in the stall, opening my phone again to delete the number and block it.

After a while I heard someone come into the bathroom too and I opened the stall, washing my hands after even though I didn't even use the toilet. I looked to my side in the corner of my eyes and I startled when I saw Clay standing. He was looking at me too and it seemed like we both started blushing slightly.

'Uh, hi,' I said awkwardly as I kept washing my hands to not seem as awkward as I was.

'Hi,' Clay said. He was staring at himself in the mirror and he seemed really tired. His eyes stood like he was stoned and he was trying to fix his hair a little.

'Rough morning?' I asked.

Clay rolled his eyes. 'Rough life is a better thing to say.'

'I'm sorry to hear that.'

'It's fine, it's not your fault.'

I smiled shortly and Clay lost his patience, ruffling his hair up completely. 'I can't with my hair today. It really won't work with me.'

I looked at his hair which was standing in every direction now and I smiled softly. Clay looked at me and sighed. 'Even my hair doesn't want to agree with me. Well, I guess I'll go bald.'

'You're a drama queen.'

'At least call me a king if you insult me,' Clay said, laughing softly.

'Drama king then.'

'Thanks.'

'Need help with your hair?'

Clay sighed. 'Fine. It can't get worse anyway.'

I smiled and made my hands wet with some water, rubbing through his hair after. I fixed his hair a little and smiled. 'Better?'

Clay looked back in the mirror and smiled. 'Yeah, thanks.'

'No problem.'

Clay sighed and he leaned his elbow on the sink. 'Which class do you have?'

'I'm in your class, idiot,' I giggled.

'Well, fine. Then you have English.'

'Yeah.'

'Have you done your homework?'

I let out a short laugh and shook my head. 'Guess I'll be chilling in detention today.'

'Oh gosh, please give me detention,' Clay said smiling.

'Why would you want that?'

Clay shrugged. 'I guess that's not important.'

'Are you okay? Are you high or something?'

'High on life is what they say, right?'

I rolled my eyes. 'You're so dumb.'

'Says the guy who outs himself by accident, who is the dumb one here.'

'That guy was just terribly hot, I can't help it.'

Clay bursted into laughter and hit my shoulder. 'I'll believe you, idiot.'

'You better, because he was hot.'

Clay rolled his eyes and he opened his mouth to say something, but his teammate walked in. He immediately shut his mouth and his teammate walked towards me. 'Can you maybe leave this bathroom?'

I nodded. 'Sure.'

I immediately walked off and I walked to the bench Darryl was still sitting on. I heard my phone buzz and before sitting down next to Darryl I quickly checked my texts.

Unknown
dont u dare ever getting that close to me again, ur disgusting and i want nothing to do with u

I ended up blocking the number again and I sat down next to Darryl, acting like nothing had happened.

1006 words