26

TW's:
-Usage too much medication

Clay's POV

I woke up late the next morning. I had tried making some dinner, but my sister didn't allow me to. She did everything in the house and got so tired that we both fell asleep on the couch.

My sister made me feel so calm that I hadn't been thinking about medication for a few hours now, although I really wished to use some before going to school. School was way too stressful for me not to use any medication, but I didn't know if I still had some. When I noticed my sister was still asleep, I sneaked upstairs and I went to the bathroom to look through everything again.

When I had been looking for a few minutes I suddenly saw a bottle and I immediately grabbed it, looking at what sort of pills it were. They weren't the same ones as I usually took, but since I just needed medication no matter what form, I still took two of them. I walked downstairs again and I grabbed my coat to leave for school, as I heard a voice behind me.

'Clay?' It was my sister.

'Uh- yeah?'

'What have you done in the bathroom without flushing the toilet?'

'Oh, nothing.'

'Clay, I don't want you lying to me.'

I sighed deeply and I turned around. 'I just need some sort of medication so I took two pills. I only don't know what it was.'

'Clay,' my sister yelled. 'You can't just take random medication because you feel like you need it. How did it look?'

'It was white and an oval shape.'

My sister startled. 'Clay, those are my old medicines for my heart. That's very dangerous to randomly take. You can get really dizzy and weird of them if you don't need them at all. Even I got weird off of them, that's why I stopped.'

'I just took two.'

'You're only allowed one, Clay. You CAN'T take random medication you see.'

'I need to calm down.'

'Well, you won't calm down with this medication.'

'I'm sorry.'

'You need help.'

'Who is going to pay that?'

'Clay, I know you hate him, but we need dad's help.'

'You don't even know where that arsehole is. He left our family alone.'

'Clay, he left with a reason.'

'There is never a reason to leave your kids behind.'

'You should forgive him. You were too young and you have never been told why dad left. I'm older, Clay. I knew what was going on.'

'Why? What happened?'

'Our mother has always been weird, she hit dad sometimes. He didn't want to tell you and he left us behind.'

'She hit him?'

'She did. You've hated him all those years and you never wanted to talk about him, but-. I have his number, he asks every week how you are doing. I wanted to tell you, but every time I brought up our dad, you walked away.'

'Dad still cares about me?'

'He does, he asks for you every week. I have told him you aren't ready to speak to him, but I also told him I was sure you would be ready someday.'

'He left without telling me why,' I whispered.

'You were too young to understand, Clay. He didn't want to scar you about the fact he got hit by your mum. Because I know you loved mum a lot back then.'

'Does he live close?'

Drista nodded. 'I can only never see him because I can't walk on my own.'

'Do you want to see him?'

'I would like to.'

'Do you think he would still like me after everything I have done?'

'He already knows. You vented to me about your problems and I asked dad how to help you the best.'

'What did you tell him?'

'Don't get mad, okay? I only told him because I wanted to help you and you know dad has worked with kids with problems. I was sure he knew how to handle it.'

'I'm not mad, I understand. What did you say?'

'I told him that you are gay and you were using medication constantly. He told me how I should reply to you and how I could calm you down. I just did what dad told me, he's a great person. He is always down to help, he will also help you.'

'Was he mad that I'm gay?'

'Not at all, I called with him and I could hear him smile.'

'Did you also tell him about George?'

'I didn't, that's too private. I hope you still like me now after I told the things to dad.'

'I don't mind, I'm glad you did. I can see a little bit of dad through your behaviour.'

Drista smiled. 'Dad will hug you when you need him to. He will care for you, you only have to forgive him for leaving and not telling you.'

'Does he still love me?'

'He loves you and me the most. He's lonely, he has no one around him, that's why he is so happy to be in contact with me.'

'Maybe uh- we can meet up with him on Saturday?' I whispered.

'That's fine for me, I will ask him.'

'Can I uh- have his phone number? I would like to text him.'

'Of course.'

My sister said his phone number and I added my dad to my contacts, taking a very deep breath to open our chat. I felt my heart pounding loudly in my chest and I sighed again.

Clay
Hi dad, it's Clay.

My dad was online immediately and it took him at least five minutes to type.

Dad
Clay?

Clay
It's me :)

Dad
Clay, you wouldn't even understand how happy I am to see your name pop up on my screen. I know I've hurt you, I know you've hated me. I want to apologise, Clay.

Clay
I'm sorry for not texting you, I was wondering if we could maybe see each other on Saturday?

Dad
I would love to, Clay. I still love you just as much as I did in the past. I want you to always remember that.

1025 words