6

TW's:
-Usage too much medication
-Mentions heart disease
-Emotional abuse
-Burnout

Clay's POV

After school I left to go home. I walked again because I didn't want to be at home this soon, but after a long while of walking, I arrived at my place. I grabbed my key to unlock the door and I walked inside, immediately having my mum yell at me to come upstairs.

I acted like I didn't hear her and I sneaked upstairs to the bathroom to grab some medication to calm down. I was planning on taking it to school too, since I got way too stressed sometimes. I just needed medication to stay calm and happy.

After I swallowed the pills, I walked to my mum's room and she looked at me. 'Do you want to make me some tea?'

'Maybe later,' I said, not understanding how I even dared to.

'I ask you now.'

'You can also stand up yourself, if I'm gone you also have to stand up right?'

'But now you're here and I can ask you. Clay, I feel like you don't really understand me.'

'And I feel like you don't understand me,' I said, trying to keep calm. The medication was going to work in half an hour to an hour, I just had to stay calm. I took a deep breath and nodded slowly. 'I'll make you tea.'

I walked downstairs, prepared some tea for my mum and went upstairs to give it to her again. After that I checked on my sister, she was sleeping. I took a relieved breath and I walked to my room, sitting down behind my desk. I grabbed the notebook I was always drawing in and I opened it.

I wasn't really drawing actually, I was just writing George's name down with hearts and everything. No one ever came into my room because no one appeared to have legs here. It made me really mad often, I knew my sister had a good reason. And sure, a burnout was awful, but I was feeling like I had one too and I had to go to school and do everything. I found my mum selfish and I didn't even feel sorry for thinking that.

I started writing George's name down again, colouring the letters in and I drew hearts all around his name. I smiled at it as I imagined George in my head again, he was just so handsome and cute. I wanted to hug him, I wanted to cuddle with him, I wanted to kiss him.

I smiled shyly and I kept drawing hearts around George's name, just as long as it took to have the whole page filled with hearts. I noticed myself blushing a little as I kept thinking about George and I grabbed my phone to look up the groups photo of our class. I always used to zoom in on his face and smile at his beauty.

He was really handsome in this photo too, he was smiling and he was wearing a blue hoodie, which looked stunning on him. I kept smiling as I suddenly heard very slow footsteps in the hallway. I immediately stood up and opened the door to see if it was my sister and I was right.

'Drista, what are you doing? Come, don't walk on your own.'

'Short of breath,' she whispered. 'I didn't want to bother you, but I need you.'

I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. 'You never bother me, Drista.'

'I heard you yell at mum so I acted like I was asleep so you wouldn't have to care for me.'

'Aww, Drista. I'm sometimes just a little upset with mum, because she lets me do everything, but I will always take care of you. You're sick, Drista.'

Drista nodded slowly. 'Can I come into your room? You can just keep doing whatever you want, I just want to be with you'

'Of course, come in.'

She walked in and she looked around for a little. I quickly ran to my notebook and closed it, but Drista grinned.

'Whose name was that?'

'No ones, lay down.'

Drista giggled and she laid down in my bed. I closed the door and sat down on my chair, quickly hiding the notebook.

'Do you like someone?'

'Maybe, but that's not your business at all.'

'You're blushing.'

'I just like him- uh- I mean- her.'

'Him?'

'I just misspoke.'

'Which lucky boy do you like?'

'I- uh- I don't like a boy, I'm uh- straight.'

'I think a circle is more straight than you.'

I rolled my eyes at her and stared at my hands. 'Don't tell mum, please. But well uh-.'

'I won't.'

'I like boys a lot.'

Drista smiled brightly and lifted her hands. 'I want to hug you.'

I shortly hugged her and I sat back down. 'I'm hiding this for so long now, but I'm in love with someone.'

'What's his name?'

'George.'

'Do you have a picture of him?'

'Uh- I do, but uh- don't tell anyone.'

'Clay, I don't go anywhere and I won't tell mum.'

I nodded and grabbed my phone which opened on the picture of George. I gave her my phone and she smiled. 'He's handsome.'

I blushed and looked at my hands. 'He is gay, he came out by accident.'

'Oh, you have bigger chances now.'

'Don't be so stupid, I don't have a chance at all. He will never like me, but he talked to me today,' I said smiling shyly.

'Aww, that's so cute. You're blushing so much.'

'Shut up, I just like him a lot.'

Drista giggled, but I suddenly saw her getting a little pale. 'Are you okay?'

She shook her head as she started breathing faster and I sat down next to her, holding her head. 'Breathe calmly, copy me.'

I started breathing loud and calmly and she followed my lead. She was probably really short of breath again and it felt like she was dying in those moments.

After her breathing went down to normal again, she closed her eyes while holding my hand. It didn't take her long to fall asleep.

1021 words