7

TW's:
-(Cyber) bullying
-Homophobia (usage F-slur)
-Mentions usage too much medication

George's POV

After school I went home and I sat down in my room like I always was. I grabbed my laptop and I turned it on, leaning back against my pillow on my bed. My laptop was turned on after a while and I opened my Discord, noticing I had over twenty texts. I didn't have a lot of people friended on Discord so this confused me a lot.

I looked at all the notifications I had and then I realised those weren't from my friends at all. It were the bullies, although this time they went a little further than last times under the weird name "someone".

Someone
dumb faggot, ur actually so ugly. u know, im sick of u, pls just kill urself, u gross dumbarse

I startled as I saw pictures of my face included again with weird texts under it. One picture I was running my hand through my hair and they edited a gun in my hand with mean and hurtful texts under it.

Everything they did yesterday didn't really hurt me, but this was a bit too far for me. It was pretty hurtful to have some random guy tell me to kill myself only because I was gay.

I stared a little at my laptop and sighed, I turned off Discord and looked at my wallpaper for a little. It was a picture of my grandma and me a long while back, the picture always used to make me happy, but today it didn't.

I didn't feel like texting Darryl about it, I always bottled up my feelings just as long as it took me to burst and break down. Though I never had the need to talk about things, I didn't feel like talking about me being gay at all. I didn't feel the need to talk about this either, I could solve it myself. I would just block this guy and it would maybe take a little for him to text me again.

I stood up and closed my laptop, walking downstairs. I was bored and I had no idea what I should do at this point, I just didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. I was hurt, I was genuinely hurt. I didn't even know why it hurt me this much, but it did. You weren't told to kill yourself everyday and I was really sure they meant it too. I used not to care about the opinions of others, but it just hurt me a bit.

I walked downstairs and I sat down on the couch, my phone was constantly making sounds, but I ignored it. I turned my phone off in the end and I turned on the television, seeing my mum look at me. She walked back to me and sat down next to me on the couch.

'How are you, George?'

I shrugged and smiled. 'I'm fine.'

'Are you sure?'

'Why?'

'You never really talk with me about stuff. I'm wondering if you were alright, you've been a little more quiet since yesterday morning.'

'I said I'm fine.'

'But you never really talk with your dad and me about things, I'm just worried.'

'I'm fine, mum. I'm not a child anymore, I can solve things myself.'

'So something did happen?'

'Please stop, I'm fine. I don't feel like talking and I don't want to either. Just leave me alone and I'll be totally fine.'

My mum looked at me weirdly and she nodded after. 'How is Darryl?'

'They are okay.'

My mum was the only one who knew Darryl was non binary and I was happy that she respected it.

'They haven't been over for a little, are you going to invite them sometimes again?'

I nodded. 'Sure, sometimes.'

'Did you two have an argument?'

'No, why?'

'I don't know, I feel like something is off and Darryl hasn't been over for a while now.'

'Darryl and I are fine, we have just been chilling a lot at school.'

'Have you talked to anyone else?'

'I've talked with Clay for a little,' I said, trying to suppress a smile. I remembered how my cheeks heated up when he talked to me and it gave me some hope when I saw him getting really nervous around me. He became so nervous that he was blushing a lot and nervously scratching his skin.

Honestly it was so cute to me to see him nervous, I hoped he got nervous because of me and I hoped it was because he liked me, but I didn't really believe in it. Why would he like me? I was just a simple boy, I wasn't special or anything. And with that, Clay wasn't even gay or bisexual or anything like that. He was straight, just as all his friends and teammates.

Sometimes I was worried about Clay, he was often just staring at one spot and he looked like a zombie. I once heard him say he had ADHD, but he was literally the calmest guy I had ever met. He didn't move his legs once and he often fell asleep in class, he was always a little pale and he looked stoned. I sometimes wondered if he was on drugs or anything, but he seemed pretty "normal" when he was talking to me today.

It didn't really look like he used drugs, although he looked kind of stoned most of the time. Just the way he kept staring at one spot on the ground or how he did everything in slow motion.

Now we talked sometimes I could maybe once bring up the subject. Not obviously, but just with small hints. Maybe he understood what I was talking about and then he would tell me what was going on.

I noticed myself sink away in thought completely. I did like Clay a lot, I wasn't completely in love with him, but I at least liked him way more than friends. I would immediately say yes if he asked me to be his boyfriend, I would love to be together with him. But I knew it would never happen, so I had accepted that.

1026 words