10

TW's:
-None

George's POV

The movie ended one hour after that and we all went upstairs to the same room. I hadn't talked once and I didn't feel like it either. We all sat down on the same bed and Zak looked at us. 'We can just play Truth or Dare or something?'

Everyone but me nodded and I agreed a few later seconds too. Zak leaned back and he smiled, I knew this was probably the moment Darryl was going to come out.

'George, truth or dare?'

'Truth.'

'Tell an embarrassing moment with you and Darryl.'

'I mean you all know I accidentally outed myself and they were with me. I will count it as an embarrassing moment with us two.'

Darryl giggled and they nodded. I looked at Zak who looked at me a little confused. 'They?'

Darryl looked at their hands awkwardly and they nodded. 'I wanted to tell this anyway today. I'm non binary, I use they/them pronouns. Well, I honestly don't care about gender and that's why I'm also pansexual.'

Zak smiled and so did Karl. 'I'm so proud of you both!' Karl said. 'You came out as gay, didn't you?' Karl asked me.

'Yeah, I'm gay.'

Zak didn't really say much and smiled as a silence fell in which we were all waiting for his reply. 'I'm proud of you both! I don't mind what you want to be or who you like. So Darryl, you want me to call you they/them?'

Darryl nodded. 'I would appreciate that, I don't define myself a boy or a girl, I'm more than that.'

Zak smiled and nodded. 'You are.'

'You can ask a question, Karl,' Zak said.

Karl nodded and he looked around. 'I'm going to ask everyone the same question,' he giggled. 'Do you like someone?' He looked at Zak first.

Zak shrugged. 'I have liked girls before I guess, but I have been feeling a bit weird around someone else since a few weeks or something.'

'Who?'

'I'm not going to say that,' Zak giggled as I saw his cheeks heat up a little.

Karl rolled his eyes and looked at Darryl. 'You?'

'I guess I do like someone.'

'A boy or a girl?' Karl asked.

'A boy.'

I looked at Darryl. 'Why didn't you tell me, idiot.'

Darryl giggled. 'You would have teased me.'

I rolled my eyes. 'You are going to tell me who it is as soon as possible.'

'Someday.'

I giggled and Karl looked at me. 'And you? Do you like someone?'

Since I absolutely didn't want anyone to know, I looked at my hands and shook my head, having my cheeks heat up completely.

'You're lying!' Darryl yelled.

I smiled and rolled my eyes again. 'Fine, yeah. I like someone.'

My face heated up immediately and I stared at my hands awkwardly.

'You lied so you have to tell us who you like.'

'You're just going to laugh at me.'

'We won't laugh at you,' Zak said smiling.

'It's dumb, he's straight anyway. But fine, I like Clay.'

'Oh gosh, Clay!' Darryl yelled. 'You talked to him today, didn't you? He was so nervous around you, I bet he likes you too.'

'Shut up, he doesn't like me. Clay is really straight, he's always with those homophobic teammates of his, so he might even be homophobic. He was pretty nice to me though,' I smiled, blushing brightly. I felt my stomach fill with butterflies as I thought about us speaking again and I couldn't stop smiling anymore.

'You're so in love,' Darryl giggled.

'Shut up, I'm not. I just like him a lot.'

'Sure,' Karl laughed. 'That's why you're blushing and smiling so much when you mention his name only.'

'He's just really handsome, sweet, kind-. I'll stop myself here.'

Darryl started laughing really loudly and they let themselves fall back on the bed, looking at me. 'You just yelled at me because I didn't tell you I like someone, but you're completely in love yourself.'

'I'm not in love, I just really like Clay. He will never like me back, so just don't even try and give me hope or something. He doesn't like me back.'

'Well, I don't know if you're blind, but I saw you two from a distance and Clay was blushing like crazy.'

'It was just hot there.'

'It was hot because you were sitting next to Clay,' Karl grinned.

I rolled my eyes dramatically. 'He wasn't blushing,' I said shyly after.

'Oh, he definitely was.'

'Maybe he was just uncomfortable and that's why his face heated up a little.'

'Oh yeah, that's why he always looks at you,' Darryl said.

'He doesn't look at me at all.' Even though I didn't believe them, I still felt my face heating up even more by the fact they thought he looked at me sometimes.

'Clay is so in love with you,' Zak laughed.

'Clay is straight,' I whispered.

'Honestly, if that guy is straight, I will eat my whole shoe,' Darryl laughed. 'Normally when you're gay you notice quickly when the other is gay, well your gaydar is really off.'

I hit Darryl softly and I stood up. 'You are all dumb. I'm going to sleep,' I said with a smile on my face.

'Oh poor boy, can't handle it anymore?'

'I can't handle your annoying behaviour anymore.'

I giggled shortly and then I walked away to the room I would be sleeping in. Talking about Clay made me a bit happier, I just liked him so much and he made me happy by only talking about him. I secretly really hoped that they weren't kidding and that Clay actually looked at me sometimes.

It made me blush by the idea of him maybe secretly liking me. I didn't think he was gay, but maybe he was closeted. I quickly put all the thoughts away, I was only giving myself hope that didn't even exist. I was just wishing him to like me so I would become his boyfriend.

I would be so proud saying Clay was my boyfriend, I would be so proud holding his hand or kissing him. My stomach filled with butterflies by the thought only and I laid down, just to fall asleep in half an hour.

1046 words