Prologue

"Stories have a princess in danger while the prince is there for the rescue. The princess is always in need of help and the prince is a lone wolf. In the end of the story the villain is always defeated and the princess and prince live happily ever after." The Queen spoke as she showed her son a demonstration with the toys he has.

The boy however looked at his toys and grabbed two dolls, one being a prince the other was a knight. He looked up at his mother with a smile "What if it's a prince and a knight? What happens then?" He gave the two figures to the queen as his question sat in silence.

After taking the dolls in her hands she spoke softly to the boy in front of her "Dear if the prince marries this knight he will be protected no matter what, while the Knight may stay by the prince's side for as long as they live."

The young prince stood up and walked over to a nearby window "Mother do you think I'll find a knight to protect me?" He asked curiously to the queen.

The mother placed down what she was holding and walked over to her son placing her hands on his shoulders "It can be a prince, knight, princess, duke, duchess, marquess, marchioness, or anything else. As long as you know you're happy with them, I believe you will find someone." She smiled softly at her son.

Soon a guard came in and bowed to the two "Your highness the king has requested you come to the library as quickly as you can." He bowed again and left the room.

The queen sighed as she looked at the night sky, she ruffled the boy's hair as a small goodbye gesture "Good night sweat heart I'll see you in the morning."

After the queen left the prince walked to his bed, sitting there as he thought upon what his mother said.

The next day had came and the prince was out with both of his parents learning about how the kingdom runs. It was when they were at a the bakery when a fight broke out. The fight was of two knights arguing while a young boy probably the same age as the prince stood there crying. The prince walked over and spoke up to the knights while his parents weren't looking "What's the matter cuz it must be important since you both are fighting here."

The two knights looked over at the boy from royal blood. While one of them being around what looks like 20 spoke up "Young prince we didn't know you'd be out today. But the commotion was that this young boy here had to steal food for him and his older sister.." While he talked his face softened in sympathy.

The other guard who must have been older scoffed at the comment "He should have paid. You can't say his stealing is justified." With anger in his voice he gestured towards the crying boy.

The prince looked at the person similar in age to him then realizing he must not have enough money to buy the food, he walks past the once fighting guards and put a hand out to the crying male "Hey please don't cry, I have a solution for you."

The crying male looked at the prince in confusion, in all honesty he thought he was done for at that moment. Soon the prince went running to his parents and came back with them to finish what he wanted to say "To make up for your decision you must work at the palace under my supervision. This young knight will mentor you as well. In return we will treat your family kindly and help them with the necessities. Any objections?" The young royal looked around to see the reactions.

The king and queen were happy to see their son taking charge and was being responsible with the situation at hand, the two guards were understanding of the decision and left while the other boy stood next to the young royal bowed to the prince "Thank you, in return I'll make sure to work hard to protect you."

The boy of royal blood laughed but smiled at the comment "You'll start working when you are a little older, what's your name so I know who's family to help."

The male smiled and bowed again "Ji Changmin, your highness."

The prince bowed as well "Please call me Chanhee, it was nice to meet you Changmin."

From there on Chanhee hasn't seen the boy until 6 years passed. The royal family kept their word and helped the Ji family with money and education over the years. While Changmin worked his hardest being a knight.

Chanhee walked into the throne room one day and heard some shocking news "Your making me what now!?!"