Chapter 16

Chanhee pats his knight on the shoulder "I'll go change then, I'll see you at the entrance." He shined a sweet smile before walking inside the tow house leaving a still somewhat confused Changmin. 

Changmin blinked a few times before shaking his head bringing him back to reality "Did he mean that as a friend or something more..." He just pushed back not wanting to get his hopes up but decided to head inside and get something from his room.

The two were out in town as the day became night, the knight and royal were going around town doing whatever came to mind as they wandered the streets. Chanhee stopped the knight as he saw shop that caught his eye "Chang by any chance can you wait here, I think they have the book I wanted." He gave him a warm smile looking at him.

Changmin nodded "Yea I'll wait here just go ahead and get the book, you bookworm." He joked as he giggled softly.

Chanhee rolled his eyes pretending to be annoyed before walking into the store, reality is it wasn't just a bookstore. The royal remembered when his father told him stories about his business trips to other kingdoms, one being about a bookstore that sold jewelry made for couples. Chanhee always wanted to visit and finally got the opportunity to not only visit but to buy something for him and Changmin. Walking outside he walked over to the store's owner and looked at around "Excuse me but I heard from my father you sell some jewelry."

The store clerk looked at him with a soft smile "Hmm let me take a good look at you." he said looking at the boy in front of him giving a slight 'hmm' He then crouched down to look at a drawer and spoke up slightly "I think we have the perfect thing for you." Without anymore time going past he took out two small boxes, and opened them to reveal two different rings and with matching designs. 

Chanhee looked at the rings, both having a rosed shape centerpiece, the jewels however were two different colors. One was a peach colored jewel as the center, as the surrounding roses were an ivory color. The second ring was a light pink center with the others adorned with white "By chance can you tell me which is for who?" He looked up to the clerk who was getting a satchel.

The clerk add a book to the satchel and closed the boxes but nonetheless showed Chanhee "You see the one with pink is yours, while the orange one is for your partner. Yours will be on the left and their's on the right, and don't worry about the book." 

Chanhee reached for his pocket that had a bag of coins and payed the amount due "Thank you so much, I hope i can actually buy a book from here someday." He left the store afterwards and intertwined his hands with the knight's "Let's go Chang i got the book."

Changmin's face brightened before pointing to the direction back to the town house "The date isn't over yet but we need to head back for one last thing I wanna do with you." He seemed nervous as his hands started to shake. 

The royal tightened his grip ever so slightly before nodding "Alright let's go then Changmin." The two walked back over to the town house side by side, hand in hand.

Once by the town house Chanhee thought the two were going inside but the two were going into the forest but to his surprise a big aviary with a garden of flowers were inside, bright with light , the royal was entranced "This is so beautiful.."

"Well there is more than just the Aviary." He laughed before opening the first door, once both of them were inside he closed it and opened the second door the sent of the flowers hitting them.

Chanhee held the bag tightly as he remembered the rings, as he got pulled to the center of the garden after the knight closed the second door. A small table that could only fit the two of them and a few woods was there, and there was all his favorites on the table. Even down to the deserts. He sat down at the table and looked over to Changmin who was now sitting in front of him "This is so incredible, but how is the food still warm, and how did you set this up while we were out?" 

The knight laughed at the royal's curiosity "My sister hired chefs for when we stayed here, I then asked if they don't mind helping me set this up. I hope everything is to your liking Chan." 

Chanhee nodded before picking his favorite dish from the group after much thinking and took a bite, his eyes lighting up with joy "It's just how I like it too!" He then started to eat with a bright smile.

Changmin joined him as they both ate they talked cheerfully with each other, talking about their past and any memory that came to mind. Chanhee had taken the boxes out of the bag and was hiding them in his pocket. Changmin on the other hand kept on looking around as though looking for something. 

After a while Changmin stood up and bowed "I'll be right back, but please keep enjoying the food." He walked out the aviary swiftly leaving Chanhee confused. 

"Maybe I should give him the ring and tell him how I feel tonight, that makes sense right?" He questioned to himself before ruffling his hair. The royal could admit this was his first time falling for someone, let alone trying to confess. He calmed himself down and held the box inside his pocket, he was anxious still but he was ready to tell his knight how he felt. 

Changmin walked back inside and knelt down beside the royal after placing a flower crown on his head "Prince Choi Chanhee, I want to tell you something, and whatever your response is I'll respect it."