Chapter 8

It was now evening and the male had been in the castle library playing with a deck of cards, the royal placed the last card he had on the top as he stood on a chair. He had been in the library ever since he left the throne room, he wanted to collect his thoughts as much as he could. Chanhee got down from the chair then sat down thinking of what he should do next. He looked to the table next to where me had been stacking cards and noticed he didn't eat any of the sweets or tea he got from the kitchen "It feels weird being alone now that I got used to Changmin's company..." he just shook his head and walked over to the tray taking sip from the teacup. A flashback of when he first met the knight who's supposed to be by his side came to his mind.

"it's nice knowing you remember me, but to remind you prince Chanhee I'm JI Changmin, and from now on I'll be your personal knight."

The royal sighed, he was in such a bad mood until he met the knight. He questions how he would have been different without the younger boy. He placed the cup down and looked at the books on the shelf. He giggled at the past memory he had.

"Mmm it is a pretty good cake. But next time just let me get my own from the kitchen." The male said while he went back to the book reading it.

He grabbed the books he thought were interesting and placed them on the same table that the tray of food was on. He then heard the door open and he saw a face he knew all too well now, he waved the boy over and the royal's smile became a huge grin "Changmin come over here and help me with finding some books."

The knight laughed as he walked over "Chan when you say help with books do you mean find a few that are good for stacking?" he pointed to the cards on the table which were still standing. He found it cute the male had decided to play with cards instead of being locked inside oh his study or room.

Chanhee placed a stack of books onto the desk and went to grab a chair. He heard the nickname that the knight gave him and had a slight blush on his face. He went to grab a few more books for the stack as he collected himself "Yea, I'm not actually gonna read these books. I just wanted to do something and stacking books just came to mind. Why do you not like my idea Chang?"

The knight smiled at the nickname and couldn't help his blush spreading on his face, he patted his face which was becoming warm "No not at all, I was just asking." He then walked over to another shelf to grab a stack of books for Chanhee's book stack.

The two placed their books on top of each other and looked at the the not very tall stack, Chanhee was about to go place another one Changmin noticed the royal was about to knock the books off by bumping the table. The knight quickly grabbed the boy and cover him with his body just when the prince bumped into the table. Thanks to the knight, the royal hadn't be hit as he was in the knight's arms facing him. As for Changmin, the male had faced his back to the once stack of books leaving them to his the back of his head or his back.

Chanhee looked at the male dumbfounded and released himself from the embrace "Hey are you okay? You didn't have to do that, it was just a few books.." He looks at the male trying to find any injuries.

Changmin laughed "Of course I'm fine, as you said it was just books. I'll just sit down for a bit." He smiled before sitting on a near by chair. The knight was glad that the noble wasn't hurt, he would have been devastated if he was.

Chanhee sat next to him and sighed he wished the male wouldn't be so risky when trying to protect him. He just wants the knight to be happy in the end, he still doesn't know his feelings for the boy. The royal knew that they should know his own feelings, but in the end he just wanted to be near him "Go to the kitchen and ask them for some ice. I'll make sure to help you look at any injuries you might have." The royal got up before giving the male a soft look.

It had been a few minutes after the library incident and the royal had and icepack on the knight's back, they had been in the royal's room just talking as Chanhee iced down the bruises, they weren't serious but he wanted to make sure the male wasn't hurt.

Changmin sat up and sighed "I should be the one checking if you got hurt and just taking care of you." He pouted "How can I protect you when you are just taking care of me.." He looked at the older male so he can try to see what Chanhee was thinking.

Chanhee sat there with a calm look but in the inside he had been panicked, he felt bad even if it was just books. He got up and went to the couch that was in front of his bed and laid down on it "I don't care if I get hurt, I just don't need you being hurt got it. Plus you can't make me worry like that." He huffed as he closed his eyes.

The knight got up and sat down in front of the noble and looked to the ground as though he just bowed "Well Choi Chanhee, I can only say one thing." He was slightly panicking inside of his head thinking that this action would backfire.

Chanhee sat up to look at him properly, he held his hand together and waited for the knight to continue.

Changmin can only think back to the conversation his mentor and him had, back 6 years ago when he first came to the palace.

The mentor smiled at the young boy who would train to become a knight, he kneeled slightly so he could be eye to eye with the young boy "Listen closely Changmin, no matter what it's your job to protect the person you are in charge of until then end. That means until you are officially dismissed."

The knight stayed still and bowed his head "I'll protect you from now on."

The prince and a some what satisfied smile as he nodded to the males statement, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't touched by the male's words. But this just confused him more with his feelings, what did he think of the male in front of him? He questioned himself in the inside but was happy and satisfied on the outside.