11 || Dessert Shots

-Amber's P.O.V-

Thomas and I stood there looking ahead of us not saying a word. I rubbed my arm which i had completely forgotten about my wound and winced as my hand passed over it. Thomas seemed to notice. "Hey you ok?" he asks me taking a step forward.

I nod my head not wanting him to worry. "No you're not you have been wincing every now and then, what happened" he stated seriously. I sighed and looked at him before taking my hand off my arm to show him the improvised bandage i did around it.

His eyes widen and quickly but gently took my arm. "It was the cranks, when i um was running up some stairs one of them caught up with me and scratched me not as deep as Winston but deep enough for it to hurt" i said biting my bottom lip.

He looked at my arm with a concerned face. "Why didn't you say anything?" he asked looking at me. "Well we didn't have time we had to run and Winston was more important" i said avoiding eye contact with him. He sighed and grabbed my chin to look up at him.

"Next time please tell me, i wouldn't like you getting more hurt" he said and kissed my forehead. I smiled my cheeks turning bright red and i started to feel butterflies. He pulled away and put his arm around my shoulders turning me to look back ahead.

We stood there for some minutes until i hear a gun shut. "HEY GUYS COME DOWN HERE" yelled Newt. Thomas and i quickly turned around and ran over to the others. "What are you doing man, give me that" i heard Frypan say to someone.

As we got to them i see Winston on the floor breathing heavily. "What happened?' i asked standing beside Thomas.

"I don't know he just woke up and garb the gun" said Frypan holding up the gun.

"What?" exclaims that girl Teresa.

"Winston! Winston are you okay?" asked Thomas going over to help him but Winston just threw up something black.

Thomas stood up quickly getting away. Winston lay down and lifted up his shirt. "It's...growing" he said. I looked at his stomach to see black veins growing and partly open. I gasped covering my mouth. We stood silent for a moment just watching Winston's what looked like last moments.

"I'm not gonna make it," he said sadly. "Please, please don't let me turn into one of those things" with all the silence around us we heard his weak voice beg us. My eyes turned glossy i may not know him but he did look like a good boy. Newt then moved and grabbed the gun from Frypan.

"Hey Newt" said Thomas taking a step forward but i hold him. He looked at me sadly and i shook at him. Newt then crouch down and grabbed Winston's hand making grab the gun and put it on his chest. "Thank you," said Winston looking at Newt.

"Now get out of here" he said not wanting us to be there for when he takes his life. "Goodbye Winston" i heard Newt say to his friend. Newt stood up and they started grabbing their stuff and walking away. Teresa stood there with tears in her eyes. She looked at Thomas sadly and left, Is stood there watching Winston.

Thomas grabbed his bag and rubbed my shoulder. "Let's go Amber" he whispered to me before walking behind the others. I looked at Winston sad. "Thanks for trying to help me" he said to me sadly. "Always" i whispered but he heard me.

"Can i ask you a favor?" he said pleadingly, I nodded my head. "Please take care of them they deserve to be free" he said sadly looking me in the eye. His eye was slowly turning darker and you could see deeply how his sanity was leaving. "And Amber doesn't take too long on Thomas" he said giving me a small smile.

I laughed lightly and looked at him. "I won't" i said gulping.

"Now go, bye Amber" he said his last goodbye.

"Bye Winston" i said and grabbed my bag and left with the others.

I walk away a tear slipping down. Thomas stopped walking and waited for me. Once i reach him he wrapped his arms around me as i bury my head on his chest.

We kept on walking one behind the other. I hear the gunshot and Thomas tightens his grip around me but doesn't hurt me. We all stop and look back. Once again we lost someone, we keep losing people the more we keep going.

(A/N) Hello peeps!!

Winston was so sweet and brave and the fact that he died still makes some tear up, I cannot believe he had to die too. Amber became friends with him only to see him beg for his death.

Sorry for any misspellings :)

Remember to stay safe <3

Follow me on Instagram & TikTok: whorv06.wp

Comment what you think!