Someone Out There

~Hannah's POV~

Life during the final week of summer actually wasn't as horrible as you would expect. I mean, I thought I'd be horrified to even consider starting public school for the first time (we had tutors at the orphanage), but it wasn't such a frightening thought, after all.

I was actually kind of excited. On Friday, I was going to buy school supplies, and that excited me. Winta, Nicole, Kyle and I were all going to Staples together to buy everything we would need. Alesa offered to take us to buy a few clothing pieces from Target, and I agreed, but I only needed a pair of sweatpants for the cooler weather, not much else.

Then on Saturday, Kyle and I were going to the fundraiser at the school. We had talked to the secretary in the office, and she told us the principal was okay with us coming in. If we could stay afterwards, she said she'd even give us our own tour of the high school, since we had both moved in over the summer.

Kyle and I had finally finished up everything for our fundraising booth. I had even painted our cash box bright colors to make it more attractive, and written the word "donations" on the front where people could see. Each letter was a different color, alternating between, blue, green, and yellow. Kyle wanted red and white, since they were the school colors, but I said it wasn't going to match our bright colored theme. I won that argument.

"The wolves need some love!" Kyle had insisted.

"The wolves?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. This pose had become a very popular one with me.

"Yeah. The school mascot? Seriously, have you not brushed up on your Seattle Regional High School information?" Kyle asked. (A/N: I have no clue if that's a real school I'm just winging it here.)

"Apparently not as much as you," I admitted. "I didn't even think wolves lived anywhere near Seattle. And what does that have to do with red and white?"

"Maybe wolves just like candy canes? I don't know," Kyle shrugged, rolling up one of our posters to put in the back of Tyler's truck for Saturday.

"I can tell you don't," I joked, grabbing the other two papers, and tucking them under my arm.

~~~

The rest of the week (Wednesday and Thursday) dragged on, since we were already done with our project for now. I tried to read Fangirl, but too much was on my mind, so I couldn't focus on the words on the page. My mind drifted a lot, and I barely got past the first chapter.

I uploaded a vlog to YouTube, but it was basically just of me skateboarding around the neighborhood. I decided to trade my penny-board in for a plain, neon blue skateboard with bright pink wheels. Okay, I didn't trade it. The new skateboard was cheap enough (it was pre-owned), so I decided I was going to donate the penny-board to the tsunami helping foundation thing. Someone out there needed entertainment more than me.

I also gathered a bunch of toys and clothes. Who knew my closet was so big when it was empty? I counted; in total, I was planning to get rid of fifty-three total pieces of clothing. It was a lot of money to spend only to have the clothes for a few months or so, but like I said about the penny-board; someone out there needs the clothes more.

I felt good knowing that every donation was going to such a good cause. I couldn't wait to see how much money we could raise. This fundraiser was going to be awesome.