25- Confession

To my pleasure, the Gryffindor common room door was ajar just as the Slytherin one had been. I zipped into their common room and got a few glares from people who knew I was a Slytherin, as I was an enemy. Fred and George stood in the corner, persuading smaller kids to eat some of the candy piled up on the table in front of them.

I shook my head at them but made my way over.

"Hi," I said.

"Should we be talking to her?" Fred asked George.

"Hm. It was probably Ron's fault. I'd say it's safe to talk," George finalized.

"Hi," Fred responded to my words.

"Now you have to decide if it's safe to talk to me? It's been weeks."

"Just safety precautions, love." George winked.

"Unbelievable," I joked, holding my heart.

"Looking for scar head and brains?" Fred asked, looking serious although he made a joke.

"Actually, yes. Do you know where they are?"

"Hagrid's," George sadly stated, most likely knowing about Buckbeaks death sentence.

"I'm off to find them. Quit feeding the kids stuff that makes their tongues grow."

"Never," they said in sync, smirking as I walked out of the Gryffindor common room door. As I left, I heard Fred whispering something to George, but I was too far away to tell what they were saying.

I walked to the exit of Hogwarts and made my way to the outdoor grounds, only passing a few other students on my way. I stepped through the door and walked outside with the wind moving against me.

I strolled down the hill to get to Hagrid's hut. After a few more minutes of walking, I finally made it to the hut. I went up the few steps leading to the door and knocked lightly. Shuffling was heard from behind the door and Hermione hesitantly opened the door. When she saw me, her nervous expression changed to happiness. I tackled her in a hug and she stumbled back quite a bit.

"I've missed you guys!" I said, pulling away from the hug and turning to Harry.

Harry stood up and offered a hug which I gladly took. We only hugged for a couple seconds and I eventually pulled away. Ron was sitting in a chair next to Hagrid.

"Hello Ron," I shortly stated, turning away quickly to face Hagrid as Ron's face shrewd up in confusion.

"Hello, glad yer could come," Hagrid smiled.

"I'm glad to be here. I'm so sorry about Buckbeak. I made sure to give Malfoy a hard time about it."

"You talked to Malfoy?" Harry spat.

"Yes, I went to the Manor with Blaise and Pansy," I said nonchalantly.

"You went to the Manor?" Hermione asked, though immensely more calm than Harry.

"Yes, I'm sorry I didn't talk to you guys much over break. If it makes you feel better I didn't really talk to anyone beside Malfoy, Pansy, and Blaise.

"Why?" Harry bellowed.

"What are you on about?" I asked, confused at his sudden outburst.

"Why'd you go to the Manor?"

"Blaise's mum didn't want us at her house so she arranged for us to go there. It's really not a big deal. I yelled at Malfoy quite a lot during the break. I haven't even talked to him since I got Hagrid's letter."

Hagrid started lightly crying and we all stood there awkwardly, not knowing if we should give him space or comfort him; he was still our teacher after all.