30- The Start of Something New

It was finally Friday.

The week had sped by quickly and classes went normally as well. It was the last day of the week and tomorrow I was planning on going to Hogsmeade with the Gryffindors and possibly Draco while Blaise and Pansy had their date.

The day went by as a blur as well and nothing memorable happened in any class. By the time I knew it, I was plopped down in Transfiguration, praying that I didn't fail the quiz. For said quiz, we had to successfully turn our teacups into tortoises like we had been practicing the whole week.

"Y/n, you're next," McGonagall said while walking over to my table.

I turned the teacup into a tortoise, although it was an ugly one, meaning my chances for extra points didn't work out.

McGonagall scribbled down a grade and turned to Draco to speak, "Mr. Malfoy?"

Draco eventually turned the teacup into a miniature tortoise and called it a day.

"How cute," I said to him while he transfigured the tortoise back to a teacup.

"It looked like a toad." He grimaced.

I lightly laughed at him and before I knew it, class ended. I left the classroom eagerly and walked side by side with Draco to the Slytherin common room.

"Are you still allowing me to come to Hogsmeade with you and the trio?" Draco questioned.

"I'll ask them but it shouldn't be an issue. Why?"

"Just wondering so I can make other plans if necessary," he explained.

"Come on," I said while grabbing his wrist and pulling him all the way to the Gryffindor common room.

"What? I shouldn't be there to ask!"

He became instantly horrified at the thought of someone figuring out he wanted to hang with any Gryffindors.

"You want to go to Hogsmeade, you are going to be there when I ask."

He sighed and thankfully, Ginny was walking into the Gryffindor common room so we followed in after her.

"Thanks for letting me in," I said, turning to face her. "You're Ron's sister, right?"

"I go by Ginny, but yes. Oh! I'm sorry! You're Ron's girlfriend!"

"Well — not anymore," I stuttered.

"Right, now it's George."

"That sounds terrible." I chuckled while letting go of Draco's wrist once she glanced at our hands.

"Must be awful for you. Honestly I don't know how you stand them. They're atrocious." She winced at her own words.

"Well I ought to get going, it was lovely to meet you," I kindly said while not knowing how to respond to her perception on her two brothers.

"See you around?" she asked to which I nodded quickly and sprinted up to the boys dormitory with Draco following after me.

I noticed Dean Thomas walk out of his dorm and he glanced oddly at me as I passed him in the small hallway.