48- It's About Time

I awoke in my own bed at 11:59 p.m on Saturday. I jerked the blankets off of me and slipped pass Blaise and Pansy who were spooning in Pansy's bed.

Once I closed the dorm door, I ran to the boys dormitory. The common room clock struck midnight and I bursted into Draco's dorm.

"Happy birthday!" I said while closing the door and shaking Draco awake.

"Are you insane?" he growled while covering his face with the pillow that was previously under his ignorant head.

"Yes I am! Now get up! We are going to the kitchens."

He groaned and I pulled his arms up and wrapped them around my shoulder to support his sleepy body when walking.

We walked all the way to the kitchens until he began to finally wake up.

"How does it feel to be 14?"

"It feels tiring."

"Wobby, can you make a cupcake?" I whispered to the familiar house elf.

He nodded aggressively and scampered around the kitchens, ordering other house elf's to help bake.

I sat with Draco on the stools placed in the kitchen and waited patiently for the cupcake as Draco dozed off.

"Don't forget our plans at noon today," I said.

"I won't. The plan is to hang out with all three of you until noon and you can take me to the surprise."

"Good." If he could recite it when he was tired then he could remember in the morning.

The house elf came up a couple minutes later with a vanilla cupcake. Blue icing was cleanly twirled across the top and a single lit candle was placed in the middle.

"Make a wish," I said while holding out the cupcake for him.

He closed his eyes and lightly blew the fire out of the candle. Then he grabbed the cupcake and two forks.

"Dig in," he spoke kindly.

I took the fork from his hand and we ate his birthday cupcake together while making light conversation.

"What is that?" I said, looking astonished and disgusted.

"What?"

I scooped up a piece of icing on my finger and examined it for a second and then smeared it on his nose. He wiped it off with a napkin while I laughed at him.

"I'll get you for that."

I nodded in a sure-you-will type of way and went back to eating the cupcake with him.

After a few more minutes we finished it off and talked to the house elf.

"Wobby thinks Ms. l/n and Mr. Malfoy should date," Wobby voiced his opinion.

I patted the house elf respectably on the back and said goodbye solemnly while walking out and heading back to Draco's dorm.

I walked in, minutes later, and hopped in his bed next to him while falling asleep the morning.

Although my sister came into view and it was too early to stay awake. I shook and shook but she wouldn't leave this time so I screamed.

Draco was towering over me and I realized I was now awake and okay. I sighed a breath of relief and turned to go back to sleep. He did the same and we ignored the nightmares that we both experienced.

When I awoke in the morning, Draco was walking around his room and getting ready. I sat up and told him I was going to get ready as well. He simply nodded and I walked back into my dorm, running into Blaise, similar to exam day.