Chapter 5

Chenle's smile turned into a straight line as he tilted his head in confusion.
"What do you mean?"

Jisung looked at the others for help, but they just walked away to give them some space after Mark tapped his shoulder, whispering "good luck."

Jisung scratched the back of his nape while looking at his dolphin of a boyfriend who was still confused.

"Um," Jisung mumbled, not sure how to start. Chenle grabbed Jisung's hand, the one that was rubbing his neck, to prevent the older's skin from leaving a mark and to calm him down.

"Sungie, you can tell me anything. You know that right?" Chenle spoke, giving Jisung the reassurance he needs while caressing the palm of his hand.

"I don't want you to be upset with me..." Jisung answered honestly and Chenle shook his head with a small smile.

"I won't be upset. Just tell me, please. It won't get any better if you keep it in. We have to talk about it."

'Is he going to tell me what I think he's going to tell me?' Chenle asked himself in his mind.

"Well you see....funny story actually....really it-" Jisung was interrupted.

"You're moving into the dorms as well, aren't you," Chenle frowned, but quickly gave the most fakest smile he could while Jisung froze.

Chenle never gives Jisung any fake smiles. This was the first one. All the smiles he shows were real and full of love and compassion. Jisung never failed to keep him happy.

That's what made Chenle fall deeper for the older. No matter what, Jisung did his very damnest to keep him happy.

"I'm sorry, Lele. I should have told you sooner," Jisung apologized and Chenle shook his head once more.

"It's okay. I know that you just didn't want me to be sad, but you have to tell me things like this. Don't keep it from me. What would have happened if you left, and I was waiting for you one day only to find out you're not here?" Chenle ruffled the older's hair while standing on his tippy toes.

"I know, I'm so sorry. It won't happen again I promise," Jisung declared, but little did the older himself know that it would be harder to keep his promises.

What can they say? Promises are meant to be broken, aren't they?

Chenle gave Jisung's cheek a quick peck before blushing at his own actions and looking away. Jisung's lips grew into a fond smile.

"The bus is arriving in two minutes," Chenle glanced at the time on his phone and grabbed Jisung's hand, pulling his boyfriend to the bus stop where the rest of their group of friends were while Jisung just let himself be pulled.

He was so lucky to have such an understanding boyfriend. He's extremely grateful for him.

-🖌️-