Chapter 9

"What are you doing up at this time? You should be sleeping. Off you go now," Chenle's mother scolded at fourteen years old Chenle who was sitting at the dinning table.

Chenle only smiled, "I made you guys something!"

"Chenle now's not really the time for any of this. Go to bed," Chenle's father responded.

Chenle forced himself to keep his smile on his face. Despite his parents telling him to go to bed, he grabbed the drawing he hid underneath the table and set it on top of the table.

"But pa, you're going to love this!" Chenle lifted the picture and showed it to the both of them.

It was a drawing of his mother and father at their wedding day. Of course he wasn't born to be able to see and participate in it, but he found an old photo of them before and decided to enhance it, adding his own special touches to it.

He stayed up all night to finish it and even continued trying to finish it during school just so they can have it in time of their wedding anniversary.

He just wants them to be happy and appreciate him. He doesn't have bad parents and he knows they love him, but it wouldn't hurt if they'd show it once in a while.

Not receiving any responses, Chenle slowly put the drawing down to look at his parent's expressions.

"Do you like it?" Chenle asked, in hopes that they do.

But instead of the reaction he was expecting, Chenle's parents started walking away because their phone had been ringing.

It was a 'business' call.

"So you don't like it?" Chenle's smile dropped, the feeling of anger forming in his chest.

"Yes, please hold-" Chenle's mother told the person on the phone. "Chenle sweetie thank you. Please go to sleep now."

'Maybe they'll frame it tomorrow.' Chenle said in his head as he stood up from the table and went to his room.

He left his drawing on the table so that his parents can put it up or take it to their job or even their bedroom.

But the next morning he woke up, the drawing was still on the table and his parents were already gone. They didn't even touch it. It's been in the same place just as he left it.

That same thing repeated the entire week, until Chenle finally snatched the drawing from the table and folded it up, throwing it into his dresser. Angry tears were rolling down his cheeks as he laid on his bed.

That was the day he decided he will never draw portraits again. Not unless he's found a reason to or in his case now, until he's found a person he loves and treasures.

"Thank you, sungie~" Chenle sang through the phone and Jisung smiled.

"Of course, my baby gummy bear. Get some rest, okay?" Jisung said.

"Okay. Goodnight, Ji," Chenle yawned, causing the older to yawn as well.

"Sweet dreams," Jisung softly said before hanging up the call.

Chenle smiled as he set his phone down. He plugged it into his charger and tucked himself under the covers. He drifted off to sleep quickly.

Meanwhile, Jisung was still awake, thinking about his boyfriend. He was nervous and worried for him. He knows Chenle isn't okay and that Chenle will snap one day.

He's not oblivious to the feelings and faces the younger portrays. He knows what each and every single one of them mean.

-🖌️-