Chapter 14

Tw//emotional abusive antics

Chenle's parents stood there, watching their son burying his head in the palm of his hands while on his knees. They were shocked. They didn't know their son felt like this.

Who were they kidding? Of course Chenle would feel this way. How could they boss him around and tell him what to do when they are barely home to begin with? Because they're his parents and that's why Chenle listens.

But this one thing is something Chenle will not be doing, he just can't. He's not going to just give Jisung up like that. Doing that would only break him more.

Instead of speaking, Chenle's nothing grabbed her head as she shook it in disappointment. And it wasn't disappointment with their son, but disappointment within themselves.

"Chenle you know we love you, right?" Chenle's father was the first to speak up after the long silence.

Chenle lifted his head while sniffling and nodding his head.

"So then you know that our work is important, right?" He continued as his wife slapped his arm and Chenle, despite him crying, scoffed.

"Of course I know that," he sassed and stood up.

"We aren't ignoring you intentionally. We have a lot of work to get done being that we own a business. I don't see you working hard for the money we bring home on a day to day basis," Chenle's father scolded and Chenle himself couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Hun, stop," Chenle's mother warned his father, but the older man didn't seem to want to listen and kept provoking their son.

"Well no shit. That's kind of obvious to a duck, don't you think?" Chenle cursed sarcastically.

Maybe Chenle has been hanging around Donghyuck and YangYang a bit too much as their demeanors are rubbing off on him. Or maybe it wasn't them, and Chenle is sick of everything.

"Who are you to curse at your father?" The older man raised a brow, his hands on his hips.

"Who are you to neglect your son? You know not everything is about money," Chenle stood up for himself and maybe that wasn't the best idea as his father was now charging towards the boy, getting ready to hit him.

"Lay a finger on my son and that's it," Chenle's mother grabbed the man's arm, holding him back as she threatened him.

"This kid is gay. He's disrespectful and he's being immature and you were mad at him a second ago, what are you? A two faced bitch?" Chenle's father loathed.

Chenle's eyes widened at his father's choice of words. What's going on with them? Weren't they always happy together? Why are they attacking each other with such words. It's all his fault.

"Don't talk to ma like that," Chenle defended, wiping his eyes with the back of his wrist.

"Chenle, how about you go over to Jisung's tonight? Are you able to do that?" His mother asked him nicely, her scowling eyes never leaving his father's.

"No, I don't want to leave you here," Chenle protested, his mother now locking eyes with his.

"Just for tonight. Besides, you start school Monday so might as well spend more time with him, right?" She smiled sweetly, though her own eyes were starting to water.