Chapter 18

The first day of senior year went by fairly quickly as the anticipation of talking with his friends occupied his mind. Chenle and Donghyuck had the same teachers as last year and only a few classes changed their subjects.

Awaiting the dismissal bell, it finally rang and Mr. Moon reminded everyone of the important papers that need to be signed by their parents or guardians so that they're filled out by the end of the week.

Once everybody left the classroom, Donghyuck and Chenle went up to Mr. Moon, Donghyuck's dad.

"Hi, Chenle welcome back! I'm excited to have you again as my student," Mr. Moon smiled brightly and Donghyuck only rolled his eyes.

"You act like you haven't seen him over the summer," Donghyuck spoke and Chenle only nudged his best friend, giving Mr. Moon a friendly smile.

"I'm glad too, Mr. Moon!" Chenle said with a bow.

"Oh shut up China from Zhong Chenle," Donghyuck snickered as Chenle glared at the tanned male, Mr. Moon laughing at the two who were now arguing in a playful manner.

"You too should get going. I'll see you at home, Donghyuck," Mr. Moon said as the two nodded turning to leave the classroom, but Donghyuck made sure to run up to his father and give him a tight hug before leaving.

Once the boys grabbed their belongings from their locker, they left the school building. They had a feeling this year was going to go by fast, but it won't feel normal. Maybe that's because Mark and Jisung aren't in the school anymore so it's different now, not really exciting. But that gives Chenle all the more reason to do well so he can see his boyfriend soon.

Yangyang met up with them in from if the school and the three of them walked to the park, nostalgia filling the air of their last year school memories.

Arriving at the park, the three boys immediately laid down on the grass, their arms and legs spread as they sighed loudly in content. Their bags were thrown to the side as they sat up.

"This is it guys. Let's make this last year count and go to college next year!" Yangyang spoke in a determined manner and the other two cheered.

"I know the both of you have some talking to do so spill," Yangyang continued and eyed his best friend and cousin.

"You go first," Chenle told Donghyuck.

"No, you go first," Donghyuck declined.

"No, I insist. You go," Chenle protested, both of them seemingly not giving up anytime soon.

"No, ladies first," Chenle said, bowing playfully since he already knew what was to come and Donghyuck scoffed.

"Bitch! You're the lady! Don't make me force y-" Donghyuck argued.

"Both of you shut the hell up already! Donghyuck you go first," Yangyang instructed and the tanned male nodded.

"I will do just that," Donghyuck stuck his tongue out at Chenle who rolled his eyes playfully.

"Go ahead, M'lady," Chenle teased and Donghyuck shot glares with his eyes, causing the younger to shut up.

"You and Mark did what?!" Chenle and Yangyang shouted at the same time as Donghyuck blushed.

Donghyuck had just finished telling them about what had happened at his job yesterday from the part where he was almost raped to when Mark saved him and to when they confessed their feelings and kissed, leaving Chenle and Yangyang shocked.

"I know I'm pathetic. After all he's done to me, I come running back to him," Donghyuck dramatically threw himself back onto the grass.

"No it's not that we're just surprised that's all. You're not pathetic for being in love with someone," Yangyang said.

"We're happy for you, Haechan! As long as Mark treats you well that's all that matters!" Chenle beamed as Donghyuck hugged his best friends while thanking them.

"I don't know what I'd do without you guys," Donghyuck said before he continued. "Now let's not be sappy though. Chenle, it's your turn."

Chenle frowned a little before taking in a deep breath. Donghyuck sat up to listen carefully of the younger's next words.

"My parents are getting divorced," Chenle simply stated as Donghyuck and Yangyang's jaws dropped.

"Why?" Yangyang asked as Donghyuck hit his arm.

"You don't ask something like that! You're supposed to comfort him!" Donghyuck scolded and turned his attention back on Chenle.

"We're sorry about that, Lele," Donghyuck apologized as Yangyang nodded in agreement, rubbing his arm that was hit.

"You don't have to apologize. I just thought they were happy together, you know? Since they never really spent time with me anyway. But I know the truth behind it, I guess my dad is a piece of shit, huh? But why do I love him after everything?" Chenle questioned as his eyes started to water, causing the two boys to each grab a hold of his hand.

"Lele, there's nothing wrong with loving him. He is your father after all despite everything he's done," Yangyang told him and Donghyuck shook his head.

"If he didn't uphold a dad title, can he even be called a father? I don't think so, but that doesn't mean you don't have to love him. You still can and that's what makes you the better person," Donghyuck assured the younger who nodded reluctantly and Yangyang agreed.

Chenle told them about what happened a couple days ago when his mom caught him and Jisung sharing an innocent kiss, how he thought his dad was on his side, but he wasn't. Instead, he insulted him and blamed his mother for the reason he 'turned' gay when in fact, you can't turn anyone gay. You were born like that and whatever age you realize it, there's no point in denying that's who you are.

"Why didn't you call us sooner?" Yangyang asked, but Chenle shook his head.

"I know you guys wanted to spend time with the others. Besides, Jisung was with me so I was okay," Chenle uttered.

"But are you okay now?" Donghyuck questioned.

That was the real question. Was Chenle okay right now? Was he okay with everything going on?

"To be honest with you both, I'm not. But if my mom is confident in us than I believe so too," Chenle confessed and the two pulled the youngest in for a hug, both boys squeezing the smaller.

"We're right here with you," Donghyuck assured the boy as he whispered.

"Forever and always," Yangyang added, causing the other two to cringe and giggle.

-🖌️-

Besties 🥺

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Have a great day/night 💕