Chapter 7

Chenle was sitting criss cross in his bean bag chair on the ground while Yangyang and Donghyuck were playing Mario Kart on his Wii.

"IN YOUR FACE LOSER!" Donghyuck jumped off the bed, pointing his finger in Yangyang's face.

Yangyang just rolled his eyes before carefully placing the Wii controller on the side and standing up to tackle Donghyuck on the bed, Chenle's dolphin laughter heard from outside the house.

Moments later after eating dinner, the boys were getting ready to leave Chenle's house to go to their own homes.

Chenle's parents were still not home as they were working in their business. And even though Chenle is used to it, he will never get over the fact that they choose their work over him sometimes.

He just wants to spend quality time with the both of his parents. Is that too much to ask of them? To be there for your kid when he needs you?

"Are you sure you're okay?" Yangyang asked his cousin who nodded in response.

"Yeah, besides. I'll be able to call Jisung and hang out with him on the weekends," Chenle explained with as much fake enthusiasm as he could possibly show.

And it didn't go unnoticed by his best friends either. Donghyuck placed a hang on the smaller's shoulders for comfort.

"Don't be sad, Lele. It's not like he's leaving forever you know?" Donghyuck tried to cheer the smaller up.

"I know, but I wish he would have told me sooner," Chenle sighed and Yangyang rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to kill him for that," Yangyang scowled and the others giggled.

"No need for that, Yang. He was just worried about how I'd take it. I understand his intentions," Chenle spoke rationally.

Jisung sure is lucky to have such an understanding boyfriend like Chenle. If it were Donghyuck or Yangyang in that position they'd flip out and it's not because they're not understanding, but because of how long it took for the other to tell them.

Sure, they'd be understanding, but they'd sure as hell would be pissed for finding out the last minute. They'd forgive their partner eventually, but they surely would never forget it.

"Oh he's gonna get an earful once he gets back," Donghyuck said. Nobody will hurt his best friend or make him feel bad. He doesn't care who they are, cousin or not, he'd still beat them up.

"Guys, it's fine," Chenle only giggled some more at his over protective friends. "Now get going before your parents yell at you."

The two finally left to go inside their houses as Chenle headed back to his own.

Chenle decided to take a shower and wash away his thoughts. But he couldn't help them from continuing to flow in his brain.

'Your parents don't love you like they say they do.'

"No shut up. Yes they do," Chenle argued with his thoughts while running the shampoo on his hand through his hair.

'Jisung lied to you.'

"N-no he didn't! He just didn't tell me! It's not a lie if nothing was mentioned....right?" Chenle tried to reason out, rinsing the soap off his body.

'Jisung is going to leave you for someone else in his college.'

"No he's not! I said SHUT UP!" Chenle yelled as he picked up the soap and threw it at the shower wall. He shut the water off.

After he calmed down, he got out the shower and dried himself with a towel before getting dressed and going into his room.

He was glad his parents weren't home to witness or hear any of that. He doesn't know why his mind is racing with all these thoughts.

All he does know, is that he doesn't want it to keep happening and he's going to talk to his parents and Jisung about it before everything gets worse.

-🖌️-