4;4

The Coronation; Part 2

"Were you surprised? Because I was really surprised. Won't this turn all the world leaders against us?" Bolin asks as he paces the room.

You better believe I'm surprised. I mean, I figured Kuvira wouldn't step down, but I had absolutely no idea she was planning on building an entirely new nation. That's just insanity!

... Does Korra know? I admit, I've built up some anger towards her in the last couple of weeks- years. At first I was just sad that she shut me out. Now, I'm furious. How can she do this to us, to the world, to me?! The world is facing one of the worst dictators we've ever seen, and she decided that this would be a good time to run away? This is so annoying- she is so annoying!

"Yes, it will," Jade answers truthfully.

She's right. It looks like we're going into another war. Only this time, it's not the Firelord, and we better hope it doesn't last for one hundred years. I don't think I can handle a century of Kuvira, three years was enough.

"You kids need to relax," Varrick tells the three of us. "What can they do? Kuvira controls the whole nation now, and Republic City is begging for the metal that we're mining. This train has left the station, and we own the track!"

Jade and I eye him as Zhu Li walks in, followed by a large spirit vine on a cart. He's insane, but we knew that. There's no way the other leaders are going to let this happen, especially Suyin.

"Now that's a nice looking hunk of spirit vine! Let's take it back to the lab and get it stabilized immediately."

Zhu Li gestures the men pushing the cart to take it away again, and Varrick goes with them. At the same time, Kuvira enters the room, and looks at the three of us. Bolin is clearly uneasy, but Jade and I keep our cool.

"You look worried, Bolin," Kuvira says to him, and he stands up out of his chair.

"Yeah, well, we just have some misgivings about how you kind of ambushed Tenzin and the other leaders," he admits.

"You believe in the work that we've done for the people of the Earth Empire, right?" Kuvira asks us.

"We do, but ..." I trail off, trying to save Bolin from the uneasiness.

"Then stick with me. I'm going to need your help now more than ever. Raiko and the other leaders want to bully us into accepting some idiot king who will serve them but neglect the people. We have to stand strong against them."

"We're just not sure about this whole 'Empire' thing," Jade speaks up confidently. "It seems pretty aggressive. And what was that part about the crushing?"

"That was just some... tough rhetoric to let people know that we mean business. Believe me, conflict is the last thing I want. Will you three help me make history?"

I look at Bolin and Jade, and we all look at each other. I know Jade and I are on the same page, but Bolin still hasn't caught on. I could leave now and return home, but there's no way I'm leaving Bolin here by himself to deal with Kuvira. I may be a spy, but I'm a friend first.

"Sure," I answer for the three of us.

"Thank you."

To our surprise, Suyin walks into the room, drawing our attention as she barges through the door. She looks furious, but I don't blame her. I am, too.

"We need to talk," she demands.

Bolin and I both look uncomfortable. We both know how Su and her family feel about Kuvira, about us. Sure Bolin and Opal are still together, but Wing and I had a pretty messy breakup because of Kuvira. She probably hates me, I didn't mean to hurt her son. I just wish I could tell her everything.