10

"Ah!" I scream. I'm jolted awake by the awful dream I just had.

I hyperventilate as I wipe the sweat from my forehead. 'Calm down, Kitty,' I think to myself. That dream, it was hazy, but I could feel everything. Something feels off, I think my sister might be in trouble.

"Hey, are you ok?" I look over to see Mako staring at me worryingly.

Oh yeah, we're in jail.

They put us and Bolin in a cell together. They said Asami is a "much bigger threat" because of who her father is, so she's across the hall. I think that's so stupid. Tarrlok clearly has a dislike for nonbenders. He doesn't need to be in power if he can't accept people regardless of if they can bend or not. Clearly his personal feelings are getting in the way of making good decisions.

"No," I sigh. "I'm worried about my sister. I don't want her to do anything that'll get her in trouble."

"Korra is fine. Your sister is strong, and she knows how to handle herself."

"Then why does it feel like something bad already happened?" I ask.

Clearly he doesn't know Korra. My sister acts on impulse. She doesn't have that tiny voice in her head telling her when she's doing something bad. Which is why we always end up in situations that we don't want to be in. She's my responsibility, yet I can't seem to do anything right.

"Well there's nothing we can do while we're stuck in here," Mako says. "You're just going to have to trust her."

"I guess you're right," I sigh.

"So, um, are we ok?" He asks quietly.

This should be good.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, it just seems like lately you've been really frustrated... with me."

"Yeah, well, I'm going to be honest with you, you said some really hurtful things to Korra and I that night we told you that Hiroshi might be an Equalist. I know, I sound childish, but it's true. You called me a liar, and you accused me of being jealous of Asami. I know I haven't been in Republic City long... But I thought we were in a place where you knew me better than that. The part that hurt me the most was that you apologized to everyone, Bolin and Asami, my sister, but not to me. Do you actually think those things about me?"

"I- Of course I don't think those things about you."

"Then why did you say them? I love Asami, she's awesome, but so am I, I thought..." I whisper the last part.

"You are! When I'm angry, I don't know... I guess I said those things to you because I didn't want what you said about Hiroshi to be true. You're such a cool person, so I thought we could just move on, you know?"

And...

"I just want to forget this ever happened," I say after moments of silence passes by. "I think the best thing to do is focus on stopping Amon... And getting out of jail."

"You're right. And I'm glad we're friends again."

I don't say anything else. I guess we made up. I'm still new at this 'friend' thing, so I don't know. I guess I just thought it'd be different. I lay back down on my small jail bed. What I'd do to be laying in my bed back on Air Temple Island right now.

"Did you two kiss and make up yet?"

"Goodnight, Bolin!" Mako and I yell simultaneously.

I hope Korra is ok.

...

"Bolin, are you done?" I ask him annoyed as I stand in the corner covering my eyes.

I hate it here, and as much as I love Mako and Bolin, they're still boys. It's annoying that I have to get up and go to the other side of the room and face the wall just so they can pee. They should've just let me bunk with Asami.