Part 44

None of them said anything, more people had left since earlier and he bet only few left inside the room. He sat there fidgeting in his own legs trying to calm down. Isabelle and Jace came after they had the call from their parents telling them that Alec was sick again and it didn't took them that long to arrive.

Unfortunately the had to drop Max at their neighbor cause they won't allow him to come and see Alec. Max was devastated to hear that they left him again instead of bringing him along. It was part of Magnus plans today to bring Alec to him so they both could see each other again.

But all that plan went down the drain. Magnus still shaken in fear of losing Alec since he barely get to hold him today.

Seconds later they heard Valentine walked out and spoke to one of the nurses and gave them instructions for Alec. They waited patiently for him to explain that to them so they stood behind him waiting.

"Relax you guys, Alec is stable." He said as soon as he saw them waiting for him with worried eyes glistened with tears. "What happened?" Magnus asked.

"Apparently his red bloods are a bit low." He said after he closed the file in his hand and put them in between his armpit. "How low?" Maryse asked unsure of how unstable Alec is.

"Around six. It's quite hard to notice since Alec is quite pale himself but when he fainted and his pressure drops, I assumed the worst." He said rubbing his bald head in relief.

"How worst can he get?" Jace asked him still holding Izzy in his arm. "Blood clots, another cell rejection, infection. You named it." He spoke before he checked on his watch. "I'm sorry guys but I gotta run, I have patients." He said before he bid them all farewell. Not before he told them that Alec is going to be alright after few transfusion.

Maryse stares at her husband in relief before he pulls her into his chest. "Let's go see him." Robert said and they all followed him behind entering Alec's room.

It never comes across their mind that Alec would still need the attention apart being depressive. He was doing so well and they never thought he would be back to square one.

The moment they entered the room Alec was propped to a slight sitting position with the monitor beeping on the machine next to him. By his side, they already started the transfusion as they promised.

Alec had his eyes closed when his mother sat beside him and held his hand. He felt the coldness became warmer by his mother's touch and began to open his eyes slowly. "Mum." He mutters holding her hand tighter as he could before he leaned to his side finding Jace and Isabelle holding on their tears.

He held Isabelle's cheek in his palm wiping her tears away, she leaned against his touch as he did so. "Don't you think we already had shed enough tears over me." He called and they could hear snorted and chuckled in the air.

"That's the Alexander I remember." Magnus' voice echoes by his legs and he looked straight at him with a side smile on his face. "Hey angel." He called him and Magnus couldn't help but to smile wider and went to approach him by his side.

He leaned and kissed Alec softly on his lips before they both sighed, "I love you." He whispered and Alec nodded. "I love you too." Magnus smiled kissing the tip of his nose before he sat on the bed beside him.

"How are you feeling?" Robert asked him and he leaned his head to the other sight to look at his father. "Better than before." He quoted, his voice croaked so Maryse passed him some water to relief his dry throat. He sipped them slowly not wanting to choke cause the last thing he need was the wound to reopen.