Chapter 24 - Out Of The Pit

The Argo II is now stuck by the palace of the South Wind. After choosing Greek over Roman, Jason tamed four southern venti horses. They will get the Argo II to Valletta.

They found Leo at the top of the city fortifications. He was sitting in an open-air café drinking coffee.

"Valdez!" Coach Hedge grinned. Then, remembering he has a reputation to protect, he forced a scowl. "You ever disappear like that again, you little punk, I'll knock you into next month!" (He's definitely a tsundere lol)

Then, the group saw black lightning flash on the horizon.

"Gaea's forces are entering the mortal world." Hazel said.

(Line Break)

"So now you've got fireproof cloth to protect your lifeline." Leo grinned at Frank.

Frank took the pouch back from Leo. "Wow... thanks."

Leo wriggled his eyebrows. "Who's your best buddy?" (BAHAHAHA YES WE STAN LEO)

(Line Break)

Techno laughed maniacally as Frank commanded a legion of undead Romans. The piglin hybrid slashed through the monsters as Nico summoned more ghosts. Piper made the Empousai fight each other before joining in the fight. Everyone was popping off.

Frank's whole body was surrounded in a red aura, just like in Venice. It was Mars's blessing.

"Now that's more like it!" Techno exclaimed. His eyes were blood red, just like the blood he has spilled and Frank's aura.

Frank felt more happy and proud of himself than he had been in a long time. Techno has become kind of an idol and sensei to all of the Argo II's crew during the journey. Now, seeing the proud look on Techno's face, Frank was satisfied.

(Line Break)

"Annabeth, we can't both go!" Percy shouted. "Ranboo, you, BBH, and Annabeth go inside the Doors Of Death. I will hold the button!"

Annabeth could see how tired Percy was. He looks like a corpse from the death mist. She was not leaving him behind.

"Ranboo and Bad you two have to go-" she began. Then, she saw commotion within the monsters. A red-skinned giant riding on the Maeonian drakon appeared.

"Damasen!" Annabeth cried.

The said giant inclined his head. "Annabeth Chase, I took your advice. I chose myself a new fate."

What is this? Tartarus hissed. Why have you come, my disgraced son?

Damasen turned towards the god of the pit. "Father, you wish for a more worthy opponent? You wish me to be more warlike? Perhaps I will start by destroying you!"

Before Annabeth and Percy could argue about who should go into the Doors of Death again, Ranboo pushed them both in. Then he shoved Bad inside as well.

"Go!" He yelled. "Don't worry, we'll get out! I might be able to get us all out!"

"Ranboo!" Bob stared at him in shock. When he recovered, he turned to Percy and Annabeth. "Tell the stars hello for me." Bob said. "Hold the doors close on your side! They will resist passage. Hold them-"

"Ranboo!" BBH cried out.

The panels slid shut.

"Percy! Bad! Help me!" Annabeth yelped, holding the doors closed.

Percy was trembling. "They're down there... they're sacrificing their lives for us!"

Bad wasn't much better. He was kneeling on the ground, muttering something Annabeth couldn't comprehend.