Chapter - 16

Words: 4093

  Yoongi was right, the king wasn't a subject they would take lightly for, they should have taken some actions instead of wasting time planning how to tackle their enemy. Jungkook blamed himself. But didn't let any negative expression linger upon his face.

  His life was always in conjunction. When he thought the mission was finally taking the fairytale turn to defeat evil in the hands of good, accidentally it took the wrong way. And now the only way left to survive was attack. As soon as possible. But again his beta mother's last words, 'Wait for the eclipse' came into his mind, immobilizing his thoughts. Could he ever disobey her?

  He saw his mate walking away without saying a word, without looking at him. The courtroom felt like a prison without him. And his heart felt empty. Still he let him go. Intentionally didn't follow him.

Some ministers marched past him, they were already late for their evening enjoyment, which could be in a drinking bar or in a brothel outside the palace. Prince Taemin had some other works so he left earlier. Namjoon too. The Youngest of the Kim brothers, Youngbae was the only one who asked Jungkook to go with him for a drink, but Jungkook rejected, saying he wanted to take some rest in his room. Donghyun waited for some moments, maybe wanted to say something, but when his father looked back at him quizzingly, he silently followed him, giving Jungkook a narrow eyed stare of contempt.

  Like other days Jungkook ignored it. Heaving a sigh, he turned, and saw Yoongi was watching him, pressing his lips together. Eyes narrow in anger. Mostly to that man, Jeoncena. They didn't know. How this alpha  had escaped from the forest and came to the king to hinder their plan.

  He had almost succeeded. If Jungkook's super acting and great presence of mind weren't covering Taejoo's sharp eyes, he might have believed him.

  Why not? No matter how much you cleaned, the pig would always find mud.

  "How could this happen?" Yoongi sat, almost collapsed on the floor as soon as they reached their room. "It was my fault for keeping him alive. Only if I told them to—Aahh!" He grunted. Raked his fingers through his sweat-damp hair. Pulled out some strands. Cursed.

  "What happened now?" Leaving the other room, Baekhyun with Seojoon came almost running, and stood encircling him. But no answer came from their friend. He turned his gaze at Kai, who was with them a moment ago, "Kai, you say something. Why did Taejoo need to call our prince now?"

  Kai told them everything that happened in the courtroom. The other humans' expression dropped, staring at him unblinking.

  "Jeoncena escaped? But how?" Seojoon asked, his voice containing a hint of the panic he felt.

  "I told them to keep an eye on him all the time. They can't even do a simple thing properly." Yoongi folded his knees and held them tightly closer to his chest. Feeling insecure. Couldn't believe his human friends would be so incautious. Though he knew that Jeoncena must have tricked them somehow to get out of there, otherwise they weren't ignorant to let him go easily.

  "You can't blame them. They tried their best. We are not soldiers or guards. And he was stronger than us." Baekhyun sat beside him. Seojoon went to bring some water for them. They might not be present there in the court, but could feel the thick tension through their gloomy faces.

  Looking at Jungkook, who was still standing at the door, folding arms, eyes on them but not fully watching, Kai said, "It is a relief that the king isn't suspecting you."

  "The problem is not fully solved." Jungkook mumbled after a long pause. Breathing slow and deep. His dark hair was plastered to his forehead by sweat and the general moisture in the air. "We cannot deny the fact that Jeoncena is the real prince. He can tell Taejoo anything anytime, Taejoo is not a kid. Will surely believe him."  He said mostly to himself. To engrave the reality in his mind.