Chapter - 27

Words: 5592

 Which alpha had the guts to defeat an ocean of army—and death! 

  Less than an hour before dawn, the news spread through the city as if it had evolved wings. Everyone, not only was discussing the king's loss in the war, but also the alpha, who  was the real son of the former king Jaewook.

  Citizens, in advance, gathered at the gate of the palace and both sides of the streets through where the military cavalcade of the victorious team was going to strike. However, all were surprised to see a boyish looking alpha on the king's horse, leading the troops. 

  This was the first time King's banner was not carried with. The military drums were muted. But the radiance of that boy was nothing less. He had the aura of the moonlight, which the people had never seen before. They acknowledged his achievement heartily. 

  Similarly, Jungkook was overwhelmed.

  Amid cheers, he was given a triumphant ovation by a myriad of people along with the shower of fragrant petals that were thrown from the rooftop in his honor. The scene was truly more wondrous than any wonders. Their happy, amazed faces made his heart warm. 

  The palace guards even opened the door gladly, as they came to know everything. The moment Kim Taejoo was defeated, they knew surrender would be the only method to save their heads and their jobs. They escorted Jungkook and his friends all the way to the king's court, where the ministers and the members of the king's judicial administrators were present. 

  Throughout the journey, Jungkook had never left Taehyung's side. The soldiers were told to arrange palankeen for the king's son as he was injured and weak. The sword of his father had already been sent for the wash, and they changed into clean comfortable clothes after the war. 

  When arrived, he told the omega to take some rest in his room. Taehyung denied, saying he wanted to spend some more time with him as his alpha was going to get busy afterwards. 

  Could Jungkook ever say no to him? 

  He took him to the throne and made him sit on it. And remained standing beside him like his bodyguard. The lifeless golden throne became alive when the golden boy sat on it. 

  Yoongi, Hoseok and their friends stayed on the side, waiting for the results. 

  After a moment of silence, Jungkook decided to speak, "Since you all have gathered here, you may know why I am here." 

  "Prince Jungkook," The first minister, a short man in his late fifties came forward, bowing respectfully, lowering his entire body in token of fealty, he said, "We have been informed all about you. Last night we called a meeting, and decided to support you. Those who refused to accept you as a King have already resigned."

  "It is better." Jungkook replied in an unhurried manner. "I won't force anyone to support me, as I don't want any fake obedience which would ruin my image to my countrymen. I shall demand total fealty and loyalty of people who will work with me as my representative." 

  "Yes, sire, we are on your side." The rest of the courtroom bowed at the same time, which brought a satisfied smile on Jungkook's lips. 

  "But," The first mister hesitated before saying, "Important rituals such as the enthronement of the new ruler along with the victory procession are necessary. It takes time to reach news to the border areas and far away villages. If they don't know about the dethrone of the previous king, they won't acknowledge your fidelity."

  "Alright, you chose a good day for the enthronement and tell the jewelers to design a less heavy crown for this occasion. Call people officially from each village, sect and tribal area. I would like to listen to everybody, their problems and demands." Jungkook said in an imperious tone of voice. "Until that time, temporarily, as a prince, I am going to rule the throne."