Chapter - 22

Words: 3872

  Jungkook's hand delicately, very mildly wiped Taehyung's feet, looking at those pink tips of his long, slender toes. They were soft, just like his body. His touch was sending magnetic waves through the omega's blood vessels, he knew, seeing him curling his toes, trying hard not to shiver and breathing deeply. Jungkook wished if he could kiss that delicate skin, nibbling the nipples of those soft toes, but the time and the place were not favorable. 

  When the villagers came to know that these two visitors weren't enemies of Jungkook, they apologized profusely for mistreating them. They arranged cool shade immediately, brought water to drink, hand fans were brought to calm the heat, and cold water to cleanse their feet and hands.

  Jungkook himself took the piece of wet cloth from that omega girl's hand who was going to attend his mate, and knelt before him, a single kneecap to the floor. Let Taehyung's toes free from his shoes and socks, and put one of them over his knee. Taehyung kept looking at him, a little uncomfortable because there were so many people watching, but said nothing at all.

  "Why have you come? Don't you know how dangerous it was?" Asked Jungkook. Voice firm but his hands were gentle on his skin. 

  "I had to." Said Taehyung. Fingers curled over the handle of the chair he was sitting at, body became hard with tension when he recalled his father's plans. "They are going to burn the human colony tonight. Because they think you're hiding somewhere inside their huts." 

  "How did they know I could be there?" Jungkook raised his gaze at his brown orbs. 

  "Some guards have identified the humans who accompanied you in the palace. And my father heard it from prince Jeoncena that his kidnapping was planned by those humans." Replied Taehyung. 

  "Oh!" Jungkook got up. He was done with wiping his toes and heels, letting them dry in the open air. The omega girl waiting beside him, took away the water tub. 

  "What should we do, Jungkook?" Yoongi drew in a breath, handed Jungkook his sword, which he was carrying with him. 

  Jungkook didn't answer immediately. Averting his gaze to the wooden floor of the big hut they'd gathered in, he thought for a moment. 

  "I knew it. Kim Taejoo would do something like this." Said Baekhyun. Chest raising up and down with anger. Yoongi put his hand over his shoulder, a moral support, though he was burning inside. 

  "He planned it long ago," Said alpha Maru, nodding his old head, "Was just waiting for the evidence."

  "How cruel!" Her wife remarked from his side. 

  "Cruel and tyrannical." Hoseok added. He had seen him closely. 

  The villagers agreed, the room no longer remained silent. They told him that they had seen how far Kim Taejoo could go to eliminate his enemies. They'd seen how he destroyed villages and colonies just because they raised their voices against him. No one dared to speak, no one dared to decide, only they could follow the instructions Taejoo had created to make their lives difficult. 

  "I can't let my friends and family die like this."  Yoongi became restless, since he heard about the danger coming on his people. "We have to do something to bring them out." 

  "But we have to do this secretly." Baekhyun told him, "What if the king's men identify us and attack us before they could come outside?"

  "It is not possible to bring them out secretly." Jungkook spoke looking at the humans with steady eyes. Didn't want to give them false hope, as he knew entering the city now would be like hitting stones in a beehive. "Even if we are able to avoid the guards, they will eventually know when more than a thousand humans come out of their houses without any reason. Crowds attract crowds. It's impossible not to notice."