Chapter 2

I must have fallen asleep in Jac's chair, because the next thing I knew Jac was bursting through the door, rather noisily, with all 3 bags of my stuff from Keller. Talk about making an entrance! I was nicely asleep in the chair, and I'm never asleep.

"mmm...what?" I mumbled raising my head. Jac said something but I'm not quite sure what it was.

"mmm" I muttered, rubbing my eyes. I am so bad when I've just woken up, but clearly I needed the nap.

"Hey, sleepy head." Jac smiled. She put my stuff down on the sofa opposite her desk and came and stood in front of me.

"Your chair is so comfy!" I yawned, stretching and then slouching in her chair. It really was a very comfy chair.

"How long have you been gone?" I asked. I wanted to check how long, because I know if I sleep to long during the day or too close too my bed time I won't sleep over night.

"45 minutes ish" Jac replied. I nodded, I'd had a fair nap then, but it shouldn't interfere with my sleep schedule.

"But I thought Marie-Claire..." I added, coming to my senses. I was a little confused. I swear Marie-Claire said she was going to bring my stuff.

"I bumped into her in the stair well and offered to bring it up for her, but I asked her to drop by after her shift." Jac smiled. She knew how to keep me sweet, even if I did catch her snogging my daddy!

"Thank you!" I replied.

"I also asked Zosia to drop by..." Jac added.

As soon as she saw my expression she knew she had made a mistake. In my eyes anyway, and that is how I wanted her to feel.

I glared at her.

To be fair to her, she was making an effort with both of us, even if her and Zosia only had about 8 or 9 years between them, we could both potentially end up with Jac as our step mum. I suppose daddy could have chosen worse, but I don't know if I want a step mum, and it will just make Zosia resent dad more. Those 2 when they get into a fight, its a life changing experience when they properly go at it. I'm surprised daddy hasn't had a heart attack because of all the stress Zosia has caused over the last few years. I still remember what Zosia was like when she found out about daddy and Aunty Colette. I wonder if she will let me call her mum? its unlikely, and its unlikely to happen anyway, but our mother died before I could remember, I know it upsets Zoisa that I cant remember Ma, but I was a baby. Zosia practically raised me to be fair to her, and in all fairness to Jac, she was trying her best, but you can try to hard sometimes, as long as she doesn't turn into crazy ice queen Jac if she ends up as our step mum because I have been on the end of that and it is genuinely terrifying.

"Don't get me wrong, I love my sister, but if she can't bat an eyelid when I have life saving surgery, I don't really want to see her at the moment." I muttered, scowling.

Jac raised her eyebrows but nodded, she understood what it was like to have family issues. The government should use her as their poster campaign for kids raised in foster care, because someone along the line did something right with Jac. I know what I want to be when I grow up. When I grow up, I want to be Jac Naylor.

I stood up and walked around Jac's desk and stood infront of her. I liked to think we were close, and I hoped she thought the same thing. I loved her hair, and I loved playing with it. She very occasionally sit on the floor in front of me in her office, and let me sit on the sofa and play with it while she did all her paperwork. Zosia didn't know how close me and Jac where, I know she doesn't like Jac, and I don't want her to find put about me and Jac anytime soon because I have been pretending I hate her in front of Zosia since forever, and I don't want my sister to feel betrayed or disowned.