Chapter 12

I stood at the window overlooking the room where dad was having him meeting.

I took a deep breath and pushed the intercom button.

"Hello, Mr. Self." I said, trying to sound important and official.

"There's a situation involving one of the junior doctors on Keller." I said, hoping he'd take the hint.

"Well I'm sure the team on Keller are more than capable of dealing with it." Dad responded in a very matter of fact tone, I could tell I had annoyed him.

"I am busy. If there's no one else to deal with it, contact senior the senior staff on AAU." Dad added. I glared at him before turning away and walking away from the window.

I was angry at him. I didn't know if he understood what I was getting at, but I was angry at him either way. I knew he was very busy and that this was an important meeting for the hospital but I thought that his staff, and his daughter, would be more important.

I needed to get back to Keller to see if Zosia had turned up yet. I took the shortcuts so it only took me 5 minutes. When I got on the ward, I came in the top end. The ward was unusually empty of staff, there was only a couple of nurses floating about. It was obvious that Zosia wasn't here.

I left the ward, and headed down the corridor. I could hear a commotion unfolding down one of the corridors coming off the main corridor, from the direction of the operating theatre's. As I got closer I could see some faces I recognised. Dom and Arthur were among the faces stood outside.

I quickened my pace up the corridor. Dom started to come towards me.

"Dude." He said to me.

"We need you help." Dom said.

Arthur then came jogging up to us.

"No. No we don't." Arthur said trying to drag Dom away from me.

"Right, what's going on." I said, trying to push my way through them both. They had formed a barrier between me and the door to the operating theatre.

"Nothing." Arthur said before Dom got a chance to say anything.

Dom turned to Arthur and muttered something that I didn't hear, but it made him stop.

"You were right about Zosia." Dom said. It stopped me in my tracks. I felt like it been punched in the stomach. I swore under my breath. I took a deep breath and looked at Dom and Arthur.

"What do I need to do?"  I asked.

"Nothing." Arthur said cutting me off. I could clearly see that he didn't want me involved.

Dom glared at Arthur then turned to me.