Chapter 7

"Hey!" She called to me as I walked onto AAU.

"Hello!" I smiled. Ladybug barked to join in the conversation.

"How are you feeling?" Marie-Claire asked, bending down to stroke Ladybug.

"A lot better to be fair." I smiled.

"Good." She smiled back at me.

"You look it to." Marie-Claire added.

"Any new gossip?" I asked.

"Don't get me started.." Marie-Claire started.

We went and chilled out in Serena's office for a bit so she could update me, when we were interrupted by Harry. But I could forgive him this time, as he'd bought cake.

"Here you go ma'am." Harry said placing a cherry muffin in front of me.

"Thank you" I laughed. Ladybug barked as if to ask for some, but when Harry said no, she sat back on her 2 legs and begged.

I gave her half of mine, otherwise I knew she wouldn't stop whining.

Then we went to kellar ward to go and see Zosia. She was surprised to see our dog, but happy. I didn't need to keep Ladybug on a lead, she just followed me about. Dad had been given her to give to me when Mum died by a friend of his who was very high up in the police force. She was very protective over me and it was not unusual for her to have a growling fit at Dad or Zosia when we argued with each other. She had unusual markings for a German Shepard dog, she was white with a brown patch around her right eye and above her right back leg.

When I got back to Darwin, I decided I would ask again and see if Jac would change her mind about letting me go and see Indie.

"Hey, Jac?" I asked.

"I know what you're going to ask. The answer's no." Jac retorted without even looking at me.

"Please." I begged.

"No." Jac cut me off.

"Please Jac." I insisted.

"No. Go away. I'm busy." Jac said coldly.

I glared at her.

"Ice queen." I coughed walking away.

She called out to me but I ignored her and walked off. I even think Ladybug barked at her to tell her to shut up. I still don't know what was wrong with her, but I now understand how Jac got her nickname.

An hour or so later, Jac walked up to my bed with 2 motorbike helmets in her hands. I was slightly puzzled.

"I have an hour." Jac smiled at me.

"Are we?" I asked. She had given in. We were going to see Indie.

"We are." She smiled.

"Ladybug." I said turning to my dog.

"Lay down, and Stay." I said to her. She lay down in the middle of the bed and didn't move. I knew I could trust her to stay until I got back.

"Do you know where we are going?" I asked politely.

"I know where we are going, you're dad took me a while back." Jac

I put the motorbike helmet on. Jac climbed on the bike and I climbed on afterwards.

I loved being on the back of the bike, although I did get a bit cold. When we arrived at the yard, we put the helemets under the seat of the bike.

I went and said hello to the folks in the office. They were suprised to see me. I explained that I wasn't supposed to be here, but I'd been bought on the back of my surgeons motorbike.

"How's my lad?" I asked.

"I'm suprised he hasn't broken his leg the amout of fences he's been jumping." Caroline, the woman who runs the office remarked.

"I'm sorrry." I lied. Indie was a character, but I loved him.

I went round the 'back' of the yard and met up with a few fellow horse owners. 3 of them offered to go and get him in from the field so I didn't have to. They armed themselves with whips and a lunge line and went off to get him.

"If he bolts, let him go." I called after them. They knew the drill.

We saw him appear at the top of the hill. Even from a distance, he looked as if he was behaving like an idiot. I saw him rear, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Jac put her head in her hands.

Indie saw me and reared. Jac was stood next to me unable to say anything.

He reared and bucked again before bolting and galloping straight towards us. Jac took a step backwards.

"He's a big baby." I smiled.

He stopped in front of us and pranced for a second before head butting me. I greeted him.

"I missed you!" I laughed.

He stood there doing mini rears and bouncing on the floor and throwing his head up in the air. I stroked him and fed him and entire tube of polo's.

Indie kept nudging me when I was speaking to Jac, getting irritated when I was not paying attention to him. I knew what he wanted. He wanted to be ridden.

I turned to Jac.

"Race?" I asked.

"You've got to be kidding." Jac said, not taking me seriously.

"I'll race you. Me on Indie, you on your bike." I said.

"Your chest." Jac uttered, clearly thinking I was mad.

"It won't hurt my chest. And if he knows I'm in pain he wont move." I assured Jac.

After some persuading, I got Jac to help me tack Indie up.

Jac got on the bike. I got on Indie. The noise of Jac's bike didn't frighten him.

We turned onto the lane which we had come up to access the equestrian centre and I started of with a slow canter but let Indie go as fast as he could. We beat Jac to the end of the lane, and I was happy, Indie was worn out. Which meant he should behave.

I sipped a headcollar on him and Jac came with me to walk him back up to his field and he was as good as gold. I didn't have to hold onto the edge of the lead rope, he just followed.

When we got back to the hospital I was well and truely warn out. I was defiantly ready to go to bed.

Dad was waiting for me by my bed, and so was Ladybug, pretty much exactly where I left her.

"How is he darling?" He asked me.

"He's alright." I smiled.

I sat down on the bed and Ladybug crawled on my lap.

Dad handed me Ladybugs police jacket so she could stay at the hospital incase any questions were asked.

"Thank you dad." I smiled. I put the jacket in the bag with the rest of my stuff.

I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow that night. I was dreading the next day. I would be more than happy to stay snuggling under the duvet all day with Ladybug, but unfortunately that wasn't an option.