/35/

There I stood, at the station, all alone. I was visiting my mother who lived in Incheon, pretty close to Seoul. I didn't tell her I was coming, since I wanted it to be a surprise.

My phone buzzed and I had a message from Jimin: "travel safe x". I rolled my eyes and swiped away the notification. Why would he care? He's not my boyfriend anymore.

The trip to Incheon only took about 40 minutes. I took a taxi to my mom's house and felt myself getting a bit nervous as I was nearing the house.

I didn't tell her yet about me and Jimin breaking up and I honestly didn't know if I wanted to. She seemed so happy when she heard I finally had a boyfriend and I wouldn't want her worrying about me.

That's it. I decided not to tell her anything.

The taxi driver helped me get my baggage out of his trunk and I was now walking towards the front door of my house. I took out my key and opened the door.

The house seemed pretty quiet. Was she not home yet? I started walking around. "Mom?" I called out. No sound. I sighed and decided to make myself some food while I was waiting for her anyway.

I was watching a movie when I heard giggles at the front door. That had to be mom. I paused the movie and stood up from the couch when my mom walked in with a man who I did not know.

"Y/n??" She said as she saw me and walked towards me to pull me in a big embrace. "Oh my god, I didn't know you would come!" She happily exclaimed. "I wanted to surprise you."

We stayed in that same position for about 2 minutes when the man behind her coughed to grab our attention.

"Who's this?" I asked. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, this is Geonwoo. He and I have been seeing each other for a while now. I figured you might have been very busy with your studies so I didn't want to tell you the news yet, knowing it might maybe shock you."

I shook my head: "Mom, why would you even be worried about that? I'm so happy for you!" "I'm Y/n", I reached out my hand to Geonwoo. "I've heard a lot about you, Y/n." "Good stuff I might hope", we both chuckled.

"Talking about seeing someone", my mom interrupted, "how are things between you and Jimin?" I gulped, not really knowing what to say. "We're.. doing just fine!" I lied. "Are you sure? You sound a bit uneasy", she said, looking at me with suspicion. "Well, to be honest-" I started as I was interrupted by the doorbell.

"I'll go get it", my mom said and was greeted by the last face I expected to see here.

Jimin.

"Jimin, what a surprise! I didn't know you'd come too!" My mom said and gave him a big hug as if she'd known the boy for ages. He stepped inside, doubt clearly visible on his face. "I wanted to meet the mother of the girl I love more than anything in this world in real life", he said in a very cheesy way.

His face was saying how nervous he was, but the way he was talking so smoothly said something entirely different. I was just observing in shock, not knowing how to react to the situation. Do I smile? Do I cry? Do I grab that motherfucker by the ear and kick him out?

"This is so great!" My mother happily said, "how about we celebrate it by eating our traditional Kimchi tonight?" Geonwoo's face lit up: "Oh hell yeah!"

My mom chuckled and faced me: "Is there something you wanted to say, by the way?" I shook my head: "No, all is wel." "Okay, well how about you and Jimin make the Kimchi together and me and Geonwoo go around town to buy a cake and some welcome presents for you?"