Chapter 1 - Waiting For Him

Marinettes pov

"Ugh what time is it.." I thought as I lifted my head up and turned on my tablet. "Shit! I'm late!" I rush up from my desk and immediately get ready for school. I rush down stairs and grab a croissant for the go. "Bye mom!" I yell through my mouthful of croissant. I immediately rush to school, almost tripping over my own feet a few times. I finally rush into the classroom. "Marinette, would you mind explaining why you're late?" Miss Bustier asked as I sat down. "I'm sorry I slept in again" My teacher sighed and face palmed. "Just get started, we're on page 304." I nodded and pulled out my book.

I look in front of me to see my crush, Adrien absent. "Psst, Alya. Where's Adrien? Is he out today?" I whisper to my best friend who's sitting next to me. "Oh, he's at a photoshoot again thankfully. He'll be back after lunch." She whispered back. I nodded and flipped to the page we were in, and began reading and taking notes. Lunch felt like it was taking forever to come. Finally, after a long boring class, lunch hit. I couldn't help but stare at the door the whole time. "Girl, are you waiting for him?" Alya asked me. I hummed a yes in reply, causing her to groan and face palm. "I don't even know why you like him so much, he's so dense" I turned over to her with a sour face. "I'm telling you Alya, there's some good in him! When he gave me that umbrella.. he smiled after I took it, I swear!" "Whatever you say girl." I turned back to the door, waiting to see him walk in. Yeah, he was pretty dense and he practically seemed emotionless, but I don't blame him. If I had a million hobbies, a dense father, and a missing mother, I'd probably be the same way.

Finally, I see the door open and there he was. Adrien Agreste. Walking inside. A few girls ran up to him and tried to talk to him, but he ignored them. He really didn't like giving out signatures or selfies, he really didn't like being a model in general. He hated the fame. Alya, Nino, and I are his only friends really, but he doesn't seem to care. I always see him slightly smiling when he's with us, and occasionally laughing subtly. Alya doesn't think he has any good, she things he's just rotten, though she still cares for him. Nino thinks he just needs to chill out a little more and let himself have some more fun. I think that he has good in him. He's just hiding something. I can feel it. There's something under the surface that he isn't saying. But I don't mind it. That's his business, not mine.

After school, I didn't have anything to do so I just went home. I walked in to my maman and papa watching the news, they both looked very nervous. I sat down next to them and began watching with them. "Don't be amused, it's just the news. New wanted criminal Chat Blanc on the loose! He had just killed 3 innocent parisians! The police began chasing him, but he ran off before they could do anything! Be safe everyone." I looked over at my maman and papa, my maman seemed to be tearing up as papa was cradling her. "please start locking your balcony window, Marinette" I nodded as I ran upstairs and locked my window.

I apologize for the shirt chapter :") next chapter is better I promise