Chapter 22 - Notifications

Marinette's pov

        I got out of bed, ignoring my phone. It probably didn't have many notifications anyways, and I needed a shower. I grabbed the plate from the cake that I had ate from the night before, along with another plate that was on my desk from one of Chat Blancs recent visits. I had gotten us some pastries and left the l!ate on my desk. I slammed my hand on my desk in frustration.

Just a few nights ago he was here. We ate the pastries off this place. He was safe. In my arms. Cuddling me and killing me with hisses, and now... Now he's in a coma.. I thought. I wiped my eyes and sighed. Get your mind straight, Mari. Priorities!

I took the plates to my kitchen, the went to the bathroom to take a shower. I took a towel and set it on my bathroom counter, then placed all my clothes in the hamper except Adrien's hoodie. Yeah, it was pretty gross at the moment because of all the frying I did yesterday, but I could care less. It still smelled like him. It still felt like him. I folded the jacket up neatly and placed it next to my towel. I turned on the hot water. Only the hot water. I didn't want a warm shower, I wanted a skin burning boiling hot shower.

I stepped in, immediately feeling the burning water on my skin. I stood in the water for a minute before doing a nothting to adjust to the temperature, then I washed my hair and body. I decided to skip shaving. It's not like I'd be seeing Adrien anytime soon anyways. Well, maybe but its not like he'll see me.

I stepped out of the shower and grabbed my towel, patting my face and hair dry before wrapping the towel around my body. I grabbed Adrien's hoodie then left the bathroom. On my way to my room, I stopped and looked at the front door, remembering where Adrien stood yesterday morning. I sighed heaving, tears began welding up in my eyes threatening to spill on my porcelain face.

I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes, then walked up to my room. I put on my every day outfit, then finished drying my hair. I decided to leave it down, because Adrien loved it like that. I climbed up to my bed and plopped down on it. I turned and grabbed my phone. 5 new notifications. I unlocked my phone and swiped my notification bar down to see it. 3 new messages from Alya, 2 new messages from Nino, 1 missed call from unknown number, 5+ Instagram notifications, Today's weather forecast. I opened Alyas messages first.

"Hey girl, i gave the front desk your name and number :)"
"Hey I just wanted to tell you Nino and I made it home safe!"
"I'm sorry about what happened, I hope you're doing okay. Call me if you need me, xoxo Alya"
I smiled at her texts. I'm glad she cares enough to tell me these things.

"Thanks, Alya. I really needed that <3"

I

opened Ninos messages next.

"Hey Marinette, I just wanted to tell you that I visited Adrien and he seems to be doing pretty good."
"I just told him we loved and missed him deadly and his dinger twitched. I'm not sure if that means anything, but I figured I'd tell you anyways."

I was super happy to hear this, because I've read before that sometimes people in comas can move slightly when they hear something that makes them happy!

"Thanks Nino! I really needed to hear that. Maybe ill go visit him.."

Okay. One missed call from an unknown number.. That's either spam, or its the hospital. I should call it back just in case.

Dialing

Ringing

"Hello? This is ---------- hospital, hos may I help you?"

I couldn't help but smile brightly when I heard those words.

"hello, yes I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I'm on a call list for updates on Adrien Agreste. You guys called me earlier but I was asleep. Are there any new updates on him I should know?"

"I see. Hm let me check"

"Okay!"

"it looks like there are not any new updates, I'm sorry. We were probably just calling to confirm you were okay with us calling you."

I sighed when I heard that.

"Oh, uh okay..! Yes, it's okay to call me" I said kindly, holding back the lump in my throat."

"Okay, thank you! Have a nice day, Marinette!"

"thank you, you too" I mumbled before hanging up the phone.

I swiped away the Instagram notifications along with the weather forecast. I should go on a walk. Get some fresh air. Maybe contact Alya about doing a mini picnic since we were supposed to have one anyways. Yeah, I'll do that. I decided to just show up at her house because I didn't feel like being on my phone any longer.

I stepped off my bed then slipped on Adrien's hoodie that was now sitting on my dresser. I grabbed his cologne that I had and sprayed it on me to enhance his scent. And with that, I was off to get some food, a blanket, and my best friend.