Chapter 21 - Guilt

Marinette's pov

       The drive home was short. It was short, but it was silent. I sat in the passenger seat, I didn't dare to look up. The whole ride home, I looked down at my feet. I couldn't bare to look at anyone, especially since it was me who let Adrien save those people. It was my fault he was in there. He wouldn't want me to visit, so I didn't. And I probably won't at all.

We arrived home shortly after, I got out of the car moping, my shoulders slouched and my head hanging low. I slowly walked inside then up my stairs until I reached my living room. "Hey sweetie, are you okay? I heard about Adrien and I'm so sorry. I made your favorite cake, its in the fridge!" My papa exclaimed. "Thanks papa, I'll take it up to my room. I'm gonna eat it then rest." I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear. "Okay well, your mom and I are here if you need anyone to talk to. Rest well"

I opened the fridge and grabbed the cake and a fork, then walked up to my room shutting my hatch door behind me. I turned on my lights then climbed up to my bed with the cake. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and threw it on my bed next to me. Shoot, I forgot to contact the hospital to ask for updates! I should call Alya and ask if she's still there. I thought. I grabbed my phone, unlocked it, then clicked on Alya contact. I hesitated to click the call button, but did it anyways.

Dialing

Ringing

Ringing

"hey girl, what's up?"

"hey Alya, are you still at the hospital?"

"Yeah, why?"

"could you do me a favor?"

"sure! What is it?"

"just go to the front desk and give them my name and phone number. Tell them to call me and give me updates on Adrien Agreste"

"got it! I'll do that for you"

"thanks Al, you're a life saver"

"no prob girl"

I ended the call and shuffled my playlist before digging into the cake. I feel so guilty. If I had stopped him.. He'd be okay right now. If only I hadn't let him go in then.. Then he'd be okay right now.. And just great. Its the weekend, so now I've got nothing to do. My boyfriend who I just got together with after liking him from the second he handed me an umbrella is in a stupid coma because I didn't stop him.

After I finished the cake I set the plate on my desk, then plopped on my bed. I pulled the covers over me and drifted into a long, deep sleep.

"Chat... Chat Blanc? Is that you? Kitty...?" Chat Blanc turned around and looked at me. We were in a field. A long, grass field. There was nothing but grass and an occasional weed or dandelion. Just grass, wind, and him. "Look what you did Marinette." I looked at him confused and began slowly walking towards him. "what are you talking about, Kitty?" He scoffed and turned around, then half way turned his head towards me. "I'm dead because of you, Marinette. They weren't able to get me out of my coma, and now I'm gone because you let me go." I froze. "but kitty, you're right in front of me..?" I asked confused as I picked up my pace walking towards him faster. "it's too late now, and its all your fault."

I began running. Running like I'd die if I didn't. He turned his gaze away and done can walking away. "Kitty, come back!" I shouted to him. I finally reached him, so I grabbed his shoulders and spun him around but when I did he turned to ash. "This is all your fault" he whispered before fully disintegrating in my hands. "NO!!!!"

I woke up to my mom shaking me. "Marinette are you okay? You were screaming and crying in your sleep!" I opened my teary eyes. "What..? What happened?" I asked confused. "Where's.. Where's he go?" I asked looking at my mom as I wiped the tears off my face. "Honey where did who go? Did you have a bad dream?" I looked around and saw myself in my bedroom. "Oh.. Yeah.. I just.. Never mind. Its fine. I'm okay" I mumbled.

"okay well please be careful, alright? Ill be in the bakery if you need me" I nodded in response. She climbed off my bed and then left my room, closing my door behind her. what time is it? I thought before looking at my clock. "Oh.. It's 7am.. Wow, I guess I slept the rest of the day and all night.." I muttered to no one.

A/N; heyyy!! I've finished this fanfiction✨✨ No this isn't the end of it I promise hebdhdh. I'll probably go to posting 2-4 chapters a day so I can finish publishing it because I'm impatient- anywho, I hope you enjoy the rest~~