Chapter 28 - Nightmares

Marinettes pov

        I woke up in the hospital bed, still holding Adrien's hand. I looked over at him and smiled, as I brushed some of his hair out of his face. I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of him and I together, then posted it on my Instagram story. I quoted it ‘Just because the loml is in a coma, doesn't mean I won't spend the night with him <3’. I reached into my bag and pulled out a book my mom had packed me, and began reading it. I read for quite a while until I heard a knock on the door, even though it was open.

"Come in" I said softly with a smile, not moving my gaze from my book. Alya and Nino walked in the room, and couldn't help but laugh when they saw me on a hospital bed next to his. I joined them in on the laughter, and they sat down in two of the chairs in the room. We had some small talk about what it was like sleeping in a hospital room next to my boyfriend in a coma, and how it felt so relieving to wake up next to him, even if he doesn't wake up yet. I guess I thought too soon though, because Adrien pulled his free hand up to his face and rubbed his eyes as he groaned in annoyance. We all giggled, my eyes filled with tears threatening to spill over because I was so happy. "Good morning, my love" I said smiling at him as a tear trickled down my cheek.

He turned his gaze to me, then at our hands. He sat up and pulled his hand away, then nervously laughed. "Uh.. hey.. who are you guys?" He asked. I froze and turned my gaze away from him, as more years streamed down my cheeks, no longer from happiness. "I'll go get the doctor.." Nino mumbled as he stood up and ran out of the room. We all sat there in silence, Alya was trying not to cry, I was silently sobbing, and Nino was grabbing a doctor. Adrien was staring at us both confused, clearly uncomfortable with the silence.

A few minutes later, Nino came back with the doctor. She pulled out a chair next to him and cleared her throat. "It's a relief to see you're awake, you woke up earlier than expected which is amazing news!" The doctor said in almost a monotone voice. Adrien slowly hummed in response, obviously oblivious to the situation. "I'm sorry but if you don't mind me asking, what happened?" He asked looking at the doctor. She looked down at her clip board staying silent for a minute. "Sir, do you remember your name?" There was a small pause for a minute, as he was obviously thinking hard. "No..?" He said almost as a question.

"Okay, how about your age? Date of birth?" "Uh.. no..?" "Father's name? Mother's name? Home address?" "No.. I don't remember anything at all" when I heard those words, it hit me like a bullet. I felt as if my skeleton had jumped out of my body. I felt more hot tears stream down my face as I began sobbing audibly now. "Okay. Your name is Adrien. Adrien Agreste. You were in a building on fire, and passed out due to oxygen. You were in a coma for about two weeks" the doctor said. Adrien's eyes widened as he looked shocked as hell.

"Oh. So.. I'm suffering from amnesia? Will it be permanent?" He asked blaintently. "We're not sure. You may have your memories back tomorrow, you may begin getting episodes of memories, it you may never remember anything at all" ouch. That just hit harder. "Oh." He mumbled. "I suggest you guys show him pictures and videos of his friends and family to try and bring back some memories. Please be patient and understanding with him" the doctor said to us as she got up and left.

The doctor shut the door, and Alya cleared her throat."hi Adrien, I'm Alya, I'm one of your friends. This is Nino, your best friend, and the girl next to you is Marinette, your girlfriend." Alya said in the nicest way she could. It was obviously hard for her, even if she wouldn't admit it. Adrien looked around and smiled at us and nodded. "It's nice to meet you all" Adrien said with a sweet smile. I looked up at him with my face covered in tears, eyes red and glassy. He turned his gaze to me and that's when I started crying harder. Seeing his gorgeous blue eyes again without him remembering me was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

I woke up sweating hard again, I had obviously been crying because of how wet my face was and how badly my eyes burned. I turned my gaze next to me quickly to see Adrien in the same pose he had been in the night before, meaning he was okay. I let out a shakey sigh of relief, then sat up and turned my gaze to him. It was so hard to keep my eyes off of the boy I was in love with. What a nightmare that was. I just hope.. it's not real.. I thought.