Chapter 9 - Revealed

Adrien's pov

     Shit. Fuck. I wish I never fell on that damn rock. Goddamnit. She knows. There's no getting out of this one. What do I do? What the fuck do I do? I sat there in silence for a minute or so, averting my eyes from her. I couldn't bare to look at her after she just found out that I'm a killer. I'm a wanted criminal. I softly hummed a yes in reply after about 5 minutes. I was expecting her to freak out, but instead she held me tighter and got closer to me. "I'm so glad it's you." She said, muffled into my shirt. I hugged her back tightly, though I was shocked as hell. She's happy it's me? Why?! I'm a killer! We both backed away from the hug after a minute or so. "But I.. Mari.. I'm a killer. You..you're not scared?" I mumbled. She sat up and turned to me smiling. I sat up aswell, looking down. She cupped my face with a hand, then lifted my head up to meet her gaze.

"You said it yourself. He's just misunderstood. I know you've.. done some bad things, but that doesn't make you a bad person. I know you're good. I'm glad it's you because that means that I don't have to worry about Chat getting hurt when you're near me as Adrien, and that also means I'll be able to help you if you're hurt, and I can also help you hide your identity" she said softly. I don't know why, but I just started bawling. She hugged me tightly, running her fingers through my hair and rubbing my back softly. "It's okay. Let it all out. You're okay." She whispered to me as I cried on her shoulder. After about 10 minutes of crying, it slowly turned into sobbing. She lightly backed away from me and wiped my tears off my face with the pad of there thumb. "Are you okay now? Do you want to talk? About why you did.. what you did?" She asked softly. I smiled lightly and nodded.

She sat there silently and patiently waiting for me to begin, when the lights suddenly came back on, causing her to remove her hand from my face and look the other way. "Oh, the powers back!" She said smiling. "Whenever you're ready to start, Adrien" she said softly. "Well.. my mother dissapeared about 2 years ago and.. since then my father has been cold. Careless. Dense. He never leaves the house, and I hardly ever see him. He doesn't care about me, and it seems to get worse by the day. He becomes more and more distant and.. then I was given this ring. I was told to use it for the greater good and I was going to, but.. it became corrupted." I said. She grabbed my hands and squeezed them tightly, years in her eyes threatening to spill over. "what do you mean by corrupted?" She asked. "Well, it's originally the miraculous of the black cat and it grants the power of destruction. Somehow, another supervillain by the name of hawkmoth had sent something to me or in me and was planning on using me go get what he wanted, but I guess my powers overtook his and absorbed the powers he granted me. After that I began making bad choices.." I said, getting quieter at the end.

"I'm sorry for.. everything you've had to go through" she whispered to me, looking up to meet my gaze. Her eyes had tears in them, threatening to spill. I scooted closer to her and cupped her face, wiping her tears with my thumbs. "Hey hey it's okay it wasn't your fault" I whispered. She began heavily sobbing, and a few years streamed down her face. "But you don't deserve that.. you never did" she whispered softly, sharply breathing in a few times. I opened my arms, and she crawled in my lap and curled against my chest, clinging to my shirt as she cried. I wrapped my arms around her and comforted her, humming light tune and rocking back and forth, cradling her as she wept. Soon her tears faded and she sobbed lightly, until her breathing became more steady, and her grip on my shirt loosened. I looked down, to see a curled up girl sleeping in my arms. I carefully, as steadily as I could scooted back to lay her down.

I carefully lifted up her duvet cover and slipped her under, tucking her in lightly. I couldn't help but lean down and lightly kiss her forehead. I brushed a few loose pieces of hair out of her face, and smiled softly at her. "Rest well, Princess" I whispered, before I began to get up to go and sleep on the chaise. Right as I was beginning to crawl to the end of her bed, she curled up tightly and groaned lightly in her sleep. "Don't... Stay here... Don't leave.." she mumbled. I turned back around and slipped under the duvet cover, laying next to her. I wrapped my arms around her small fragile body and held her close to me. She let out a soft sigh in content, before nuzzling closer to me. Jesus Christ she's too cute. I'm not supposed to be nice and smile all the time, I'm supposed to be that cold guy who kills people. But instead, I'm laying in my best friends bed cradling her as she sleeps..I thought before I began drifting off to sleep.

This chapter was ready fucking cute and it killed me even though if Adrien had been a cold guy like how Chat Blanc was, he probably wouldn't be this nice. But it's okay,, it's cute as fuck-