Beatings.

Math. Social studies. Home economics. Lunch. Bio. Language arts. French. The day rolled on and on. I decided to just ditch last period even though it was only my first week in school. I began to walk to the lot that Johnny had showed me just to chill out. That's when I realized that I wasn't the only student that decided to skip last period. A red mustang was tailing me. I walked a bit faster not even thinking about where I was going anymore. The mustang pulled over and 5 socs hopped out. "Hey grease," one of them said being overly optimistic. I said nothing and tried to get away but they were cornering me. I tried to get by but I bumped into one of them and they had pinned me down in a second. "What ya doin' walking all alone?" The one on top of me said. I punched him in the jaw, "You scumbag!!" He yelled and flipped out his blade. I realized that he could kill me. Then and there. I went wild. I screamed for Darry, Sodapop, and Ponyboy. They stuffed some kind of cloth in my mouth and it muffled my screams. They then stuck the blade right on the corner of my forehead and dug it in. They scraped it down. I screamed Bloody Mary as the blood and tears poured out of me. "Hey!" I heard a sort of familiar vice scream. They got off and sprang into their car then drove off. The person was hovering over me. Then another. "It's okay Livey. It's Two-bit and Johnny." The blood ran like a river down my head and Johnny ripped a piece of his shirt and placed it on my head. "Get help Two." Johnny said and Two-bit ran over to the wall phone close by. "Can you hear me?" He whispered. I could hear but everything hurt and I couldn't move or speak so I just laid there while the cute, sweet boy tended to me. "I'll protect you from now on. You're my priority. I promise." Johnny whispered and before I knew it. I was in Darry's arms being rushed back to the Curtis household-I mean, home.
------
I'd blacked out on the way home but I woke on the couch with nobody in the room except for Johnny. I looked around and started to panic for some reason. Johnny walked over. "Hey, it's okay greeneyes. You're safe now." I was so scared. My eyes poured tears and I sobbed. Johnny put his arms around me and pulled me close. "Your okay. I promise." He whispered. It was weird. I was in the arms of someone if just met. Someone I barely knew. Yet, I finally felt safe.