New scars and new friends

My heart began to beat like crazy. What if he's dead. "Johnny!" I screamed. "Answer me!" I said in hope he was still alive. I heard the shriek of a car around the corner and laughing. I ran towards it and came to a dead stop when I saw Johnny's cold bloody body laying there. I fell to my knees and crawled over to him. I put my head to his chest and listened for breathing. Felt for a heartbeat. And surely. There it was. He was alive. "Johnny can you hear me?!" I said scrambling to get to the phone near by. "Y-yeah." He mumbled. Tears began falling out of both his eyes and mine. "You're gonna be okay baby just hold on," I said to him. He groaned. I dialed the number to the Curtis house. "Hello?" It was Two-bit.

"Two," I bawled.

"Woah woah woah, what's wrong." He asked.

"Johnny, he got beat up bad. I need you guys to come and help me." I could barely breath.

"Okay baby-doll. We're on our way. Where are you?" He said as calmly as he could.

"Go to the lot. 'Round the corner from there." I said hysterically.

"Okay we're gonna be there soon. He's gonna be okay." Two-bit said and hung up. I put the phone back up on the stand thingy and ran back over to Johnny. I sat there on my heels and put his head in my lap. He was crying now. I wiped the blood off his cheek as gently as I could. He winced from the pain.

"You're gonna be okay. I promise." I tried to assure him but I couldn't help but keep bawling. The gang was running towards us now. Ponyboy got here first. Then Sodapop, then Two-bit. The rest of the gang members followed. Pony was a white as a sheet. He looked like he was gonna barf. Darry pushed through everyone and picked him up.

"Let's bring him back to the house." He said. The gang started running back. I sat there barely able to breath. I couldn't hear. Two-bit pulled me up and I snapped back into reality.

"Is he gonna die?" I asked.

"No." A voice behind me said. It was Ponyboy. His face was tear stained and he was shaking. I gave him a hug.

"Come on," Two-bit said. "Let's get back to Johnny." We nodded our heads and started sprinting. When we got back to to the house Johnny was on the couch. He looked bad.

"Does anyone know how to do stitches!?" Soda was yelling and panicking. I knew I did. Darry knew I did. He looked at me.

"Clove. You might be his only hope." Darry said. Everyone looked at me. I took a deep breath.

"Hand me the needle," I said.

I wiped away the blood on his face with a cotton ball that had some medical treatment on it. He flinched. "It's okay Johnny. You're gonna be okay." He relaxed a little. "This might pinch a little." I said and carefully stitched along his face. Now that, was gonna leave a scar. Dallas came over and sat by Johnny.

"Hey johnnycake," he said. A tear streamed down his face. That really scared me. Dallas Winston, the biggest, and baddest hood in the entire town, crying. Did this mean Johnny was gonna die? I shook that thought right out of my mind immediately. "Did they pull a blade on you?" Dally asked. I clipped the string and his face was all stitched up. Johnny shook his head no. "Then how'd you get that mark on your cheek? Tell us what happened."

I moved on to the big gash that was just under his neck. He was bleeding everywhere. Johnny opened his eyes slightly. "I wasn't looking for trouble. Just walkin' over here. A blue mustang was tailin' me. A bunch of Socs got out and started beating up on me." He was sobbing by now, "One of them had rings. He was drunk. He kept punching me and I begged him to stop but he kept going. The rings killed. That's what did this." Dally stood up and walked into the kitchen. "Tell dal not to be mad at me please." Johnny said and closed his eyes.

"He's not mad." I said softly grabbing his hand and weaving our fingers together.

"Get some rest johnnycake." Pony said. They all walked into the kitchen. I kissed Johnny's forehead and started to get up.

"Wait." He said with his eyes shooting open.

"Huh?" I asked

"You saved me. Thank you." He said. I smiled and pressed my lips to his.

"You're welcome." I said. The phone rang and I got up to answer. "Hello?" I said into the phone."

"Hi, it's Sheela. Olivia?"

"Yeah?" I waited. She made me uncomfortable but she was sweet. Different on the phone then in person.

"Meet me in the park?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I said and grabbed my blade just in case.
---*At the park*---
I approached Sheela slowly. "Hi." I said cautiously. she turned around.

"Hi." She said. She was playing with something in her hands. It made me nervous not knowing what it was. She took one last look at whatever it was. "Here." she said handing me a ring. I took it out of her hands. "It was Johnny's. I don't know it felt weird giving it to him myself." She said.

"Okay. Thanks." I said and started to walk away. She looked like someone I knew. Like an old friend. Oh. My. God. She's-

"Wait!" Sheela called cutting my thoughts of. I turned around. "I know that it might be weird and all but I want to be your friend again. And I understand if u don't want to because it would be awkward for Johnny and you. But I miss ya."

"Woah. woah. Woah. What? Again? You miss me?" I said. Making sure she was who I thought she was.

"You don't remember me? Oklahoma City? First through 5th grade. You were my best friend."

"Sheela Bridges?" I asked.

"Yeah...it's me."

A/N PLOT TWIST!!! Lol hope you're enjoying! Stay golden. Ew jk. That's not the line. Stay GOLD.