Chapter 17: A 'victory' kiss

A/N that's her outfit minus the heels. ****JOHNNYS POV****

After the Dingo we walked to the Nightly Double. Every time a soc walked by she jumped. When someone bumped into her she screamed and reached for something in her back pocket so I was starting to get the idea that Two-bit had tossed her a blade. She grabbed my hand and we sat down. We heard a car door slam and she jerked her head to the side. It was some soc boy. He was tall, had brown curly hair that formed an Afro and he looked mean. She shot up from her seat. "I-I uh...I'm gonna get a coke. Want one?" she asked in a rush.

I looked at her trying to figure out what it was about that boy that made her so jittery. "Um no thanks. Want me to come?" I asked.

"Yes." She said grabbing my hand. She pulled me to the concession stand and we bought our cokes. She settled down into her seat when she couldn't see that boy. The rest of the night was pretty relaxed. We walked home hand in hand.

"Clove it's summer. It's finally summer." I said sighing happily.

"Yeah and Sheela and Ponyboy's birthdays are coming up," she said excitedly.

"Yeah!" I said smiling. "You got anything planned?"

"Well Darry, Soda and I were all thinking that we go on a trip together. With the whole gang! We'd just drive. It would be a road trip!! And we would take Sheela too!!!" Her eyes danced as she spoke.

"That sounds like fun!" I said. She nodded. A car pulled by and stopped beside us. She flipped out and grabbed the thing and her pocket and I was right about it being a blade.

"Woah woah woah. Kid it's me!" Dallas said. She calmed down and put her blade away. "Wanna ride?" He asked coolly.

"Yeah thanks Dal. Sorry for freaking out." She said.

"It's cool...I understand." He said pulling off with us in the car of bucks T-Bird. Dally dropped us off at the perfect time because nobody was nagging us about curfew.

"I had fun. Thanks Johnnycake," she said smiling.

"Any time." I said kissing her cheek. Then she walked off to bed.

****LIVEYS POV****
The door swung open and I lurched forward. Someone stepped into my room. He was tall. He looked at me and said, "Hey greaseball!" Then, he flipped the light switch and I saw Randy and his buddy Paul. They closed and locked the door.

"Please. I-I haven't done anything." I pleaded. Then with one abrupt movement they flicked out a blade. "D-Darry!!!!" I screamed.

"This ones a screamer huh Paul?" Randy asked. They chuckled and slit my throat so I couldn't scream. Then Paul held up the knife and dug it straight into my stomach...

I shot up screaming. "What's wrong!?" My cousins yelled busting into the room with Johnny and Two-bit by their sides. I started bawling. I was too breathless to say a word. Two-bit pushed through everyone and sat on my bed and grabbed me into a hug. Then they all walked in and sat on my bed.

"It's okay baby-doll it was only a dream." Two-bit said. Johnny looked at me concerned and held my hand.

Sodapop crawled over and looked me square in the eye. "You're okay Clover. They ain't gonna hurt you." He said and kissed my forehead. Then Ponyboy and Darry did the same.

"Get some rest." Darry said. All the boys left the room except Johnny.

"Can you stay?" I whispered to him while still hyperventilating. He nodded and sat with his feet up on my bed with his back resting on the head bored of the bed. I laid back down using his lap as my pillow. He played with my hair and looked down at me.

"Hey don't cry," he cooed. "Go to sleep." I did as I was told and closed my eyes. Finally, I fell back to sleep.

~~~~(the next morning)~~~~

I opened my eyes and saw Johnny's feet. I realized that I was still laying on his lap and I sat up. He'd fallen asleep. I looked at the clock. 4:47 it said. I tapped his shoulder and he opened his eyes. "What's up?" He asked in a tired voice.

"You don't look too comfy." I said. "Lay down." He got under the covers and laid down next to me. I snuggled into his side and he intertwined our fingers. "Thanks for staying with me." I said.

"No...problem." he said clearly falling asleep. About 15 minutes later, we were both out cold.

The next time I woke up was because of the boys being loud in the living room. Johnny was already up getting and getting dressed. I looked over and he had no shirt on. I immediately started blushing as did he. He threw his shirt on and I got up. "Turn." I said gesturing for him to turn away. I then slid on my light colored skinny jeans and a t-shirt before allowing him to turn back around. I smiled and kissed his cheek. We then walked out together.

"Aye Johnnyboy!" Steve shouted. "Aye CloverCade!"

"Um my last names Curtis!" I yelled jumping on his back. It was officially Sheela's birthday, July 18th, and apparently Johnny had talked with Ponyboy and Pony was gonna ask her out today so the whole gang was pumped. We all ran down the street to Sheela's house.

Pony rang the doorbell and took a deep breath. "Get the door dumbass!!" We heard Sheela's aunt scream. The door opened slowly and Sheela perked up when she saw us.

"What's up guys!?" She asked excitedly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" We all yelled and she laughed.

"Thanks guys!"

"Um, Sheela?" Pony murmured. She directed all her attention to him. "I was wondering, um if-"

"Spit it out Ponybutt!!" Steve yelled and I whacked the back of his head.

Pony cleared his throat. "If you would be my girl...um cause-"

"Awe shut up and kiss me," Sheela said and pressed her lips against his. As they were kissing Ponyboy shot his arms up in the air as if to say 'victory'. We all cheered and clapped and whistled. It was a perfect moment. They broke off their kiss and started to hug. They were laughing at us and at each other.

"Pack your bags Sheela! We're goin on a trip! To celebrate you and Ponyboy's birthdays! Welcome to the gang." Darry said. She squealed.

"A trip?" Pony asked.

"Happy birthday pone!" Sodapop yelled.

"Livey help me pack!!" She said dragging me inside. We had to dodge a lamp or two being thrown at us but we made it upstairs and back down. We went home and loaded up the truck while pony packed. Two-bit, Steve, Soda, and Darry put this canopy up in the back of the truck so some of us could sit back there even if it rained. Soon, we took off.