Kabanata 43

When I saw the confusion, shock, and taken aback from my best friend's face, my world fell apart. My heart was thumping violently inside my chest, my tongue getting tied, my body slightly trembling as my mind went blank.

This is what happens when things that you don't expect began showing in front of you in a blink of an eye, like a fucking jack in box, leaving you flabbergasted.

I opened my mouth.

"Elissa..." That was all I managed to say. Her name. I heard my own voice, shaking, begging, and hopeless.

She was still shocked and confused hanggang sa matawa na lamang siya nang pagak habang panay ang kanyang pag-iling.

"What the fuck? What the fuck is this?" Her voice was shaking as well and it was followed with a laugh, that is full of disbelief and confusion.

Dumako ang tingin niya sa katabi ko, I followed her gaze and there I saw Beaumont, he was stiff with his jaw tensing, looking at her sister and his eyes are full of guilt.

"Beaumont?" She called him.

Hindi nakasagot si Beaumont. His jaw sets back and forth.

"What the hell is this Beaumont? Did I fucking miss something? Anong ginagawa mo dito? Bakit kasama mo si Aelia? Matagal mo na bang alam na nakabalik na siya, ha!?" She suddenly outburst.

Mas lalo akong nanginig sa kanyang mga tanong, I looked at Beaumont hoping that he won't tell everything but my world collapsed when he shut his eyes tight as his jaw clench before nodding.

Para akong dinibdiban nang makita ko kung gaano nanlumo ang best friend ko.

"I'm sorry, Elissa..." I told her sincerely, rushing my way to go down stairs to approach her ngunit mabilis siyang umatras, raising a hand to make me stop, as if me being near her would suffocate her.

"Can someone please explain what the fuck is happening?" Nanginginig pa rin ang kanyang boses habang nagpapalipat-lipat ang kanyang tingin sa aming dalawa.

I understand her, I understand her confusion... But I don't think I'm ready for this. I was never ready for this.

"Say something!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

She jerked her head towards Beaumont, looking at her brother daringly. "Can you tell me honestly, Beaumont. Ito ba ang dahilan kung bakit hindi ka na madalas umuwi? All this time you knew na nakabalik na si Aelia?"

I was just standing here, as tears started falling from my eyes, looking at Beaumont while shaking my head, begging him to don't tell Elissa the truth.

Umigting ang kanyang bagang. "Yes." He firmly said under his breath.