26. Proof

This chapter has 748 words.

Legolas View:
Nothing happened during the whole day, except in the evening.
"How's it going?" Gimli asked me again.
"What's the way to go?" I asked him back.
"With Aragorn." Gimli said a little louder.
"No, you're still with us, that's how you see it," I said, partly sad.
"Well, just that I see. You're just ruining your life. Tell him something." He said angrily.
"It's not that simple, and what if he rejects me? At least we're friends now.  I'll tell you that." I told Gimli half right.
"So you just leave it at that? If something happens to him, you'll blame him for the rest of your life for not telling him! "Gimli said very angrily.
"I'm glad Gimli, you want me to be happy. But you don't have to get so involved." I'll tell him when the time comes.I also said quite angrily, after I said that I yawned.
"If you want to go to sleep, will I take a patrol?"
"You would be very kind." I told Gimli.
"Good night," Gimli told me, and I just nodded.

View of Aragorn:
Gimli woke me up at night, which I wondered, but I thought Lassie must have fallen asleep.  But in the morning I had to wake him up because it was too late.

View of Legolas
"Lassie, we have to get up, it's late." He told me the most beautiful voice. That's how I want to wake up every day.
"How much is it?" I asked, regardless of the address.
"Something after 9." Aragorn told me with a smile. I just rolled my eyes. How could I sleep like this for so long? Gimli was awake, too.
Today we thought they could kidnap them, so we wanted to look near the Iron Pass.
Before we got there, we were stopped by riders from Rohan.  We asked them if they saw 2 hobbits. It is said that they saw them at the Farngorn Forest. At first we were relieved that they were alive, but then we realized where they were going.  Fortunately, we were not far. We got there today. No one was on patrol this time because we found a nice place under the trees.
"Legolas, lie down near Aragorn," Gimli whispered.
"I don't know if it's a good idea." I replied to Gimli.
"Yeah, it is !!" Gimli told me firmly. Now I just nodded.
I was the last to fall asleep again, so I took advantage.  Shortly after Aragorn and Gimli fell asleep, I stroked Aragorn's cheek and gave him a kiss. I still grabbed his hand.

View of Aragorn:
When I woke up at night, I was (again) holding hands with Legolas. It was clear to me now that Legolas had done it of his own free will. So I got closer to him. I was so close that if I rolled onto my side I would be lying on Legolas's cloak. But I preferred to lie on my back. What if Gimli woke up first? What would he say? I wanted to roll further, but when I saw that Legolas was waking up, I preferred to close my eyes.

Legolas View:
When I woke up, I was startled at first, because I didn't expect this close to Aragorn. I don't even know he woke up. Since Gimli knew I liked Aragorn, I was not afraid to step in. I laid my head on Aragorn's chest and fell asleep in peace.

3rd person view:
Gimli was the first to wake up.  And what he didn't see. Legolas lay on Aragorn's chest and Aragorn hugged him. Gimli was very glad that the two got together. After almost 1 hour, Legolas woke up.

Legolas View:
"Good morning Gimli," I told Gimli.
,, Good morning. As I see it, you are already advanced.  How did you tell him that? "Gimli began to question.
"What was I supposed to tell him? I didn't tell him anything." I said almost the truth.
"Well, you see, I don't know what other proof you need to get so that you realize that Aragorn loves you!" Gimli shouted until I was afraid he would wake Aragorn.
"Now is not the time. We have to find Laughter with Pippin. "I dismissed Gimli because this conversation bothered me. Gimli must be right! I said to myself. But I immediately drove the idea out of my head.

Do you think they will find Laughter and Pippin in the next chapter?