Chapter 28

*1 day earlier*

"What mission? We defeated Thanos.", Tony said. "You may have defeated him but left a hell of angry daughter. She wants revenge for what we did and she will not stop till she makes each and everyone of us suffer.", Fury replied. "We are not going to fight her! She lost everything because of us!", Quill yelled. "Calm down Quill, no need to get upset.", Clint said. "Calm down?! Calm down?! Are you kidding me?! I will not fight my own girlfriend so you can have peace again. Unlike you I have morals!" Things escalated quickly, the Guardians and the Avengers where screaming at each other. "Enough!", Grace yelled and a slight wave of pressure was released, which silenced them. "We don't have time to fight now. The ones who want to help me capture her come with me, the rest should stay out of this fight, you do not want to start messing with me today." The Avengers stood up and suited up, while the Guardians where still sitting in the living room discussing the matter. "She really can be scary. Maybe she's a witch.", Rocket said. "I am Groot." "No Groot, she is not an alien! Guys come on, be reasonable here.", Quill replied. "Says the one who wanted to pick a fight with the witch.", Rocket countered. Quill rolled his eyes and stood up watching outside the windows. Suddenly the glass broke and Gamora jumped through the window, pinning Quill to the ground. As the Avengers walked in again, discussing their Strategie, she threw a knife into the crowd.  A scream was let out and someone fell to the ground.

Present

The Avengers all met at the Tower again after the funeral. Steve walked straight to Graces room, opened the door and sat on the bed. He put his head into his hands trying to keep a clear mind. Suddenly the bathroom door opened. He looked up. "Hey, how are you doing?", Steve asked. "Well... my brother just died, so I'm doing terrible.", Grace replied. He opened his arms and Grace sat down on his lap pulling him in for a hug. "I didn't knew him very well, but... I mean we just connected. Really connected, after all of this shit and now he's gone...", she started crying. "He saved your life and I will forever be grateful for him. He made his decision, and he would want you to start living your life." Grace breathed in very deeply and rested her head on Steve's shoulder. "How was the funeral?", she asked. "Small, but I think it was in his will. I still believe that you should've come with us." She shook her head. "No... It was right like this, I will say goodbye someday, but I just don't have the strength to go there right now." He nodded and grabbed her hand. "Maybe a little time away from here would be good for the both of us, what do you think?" Grace smiled. "Oh Captain, you really do know me well." He started laughing and kissed her on the forehead. "Anything for you, my Love." Steve grabbed into his pocket and pulled out two shot glasses. "Come on, you Need this drink." Grace nodded and grabbed one of them. "To my brother, may he rest in peace." They clink glasses. "To Loki."